First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
This is a picture a buddy of mine took, flying to a customer site in Tracy on the King AIr. He wasn't happy, it's ALL smoke. The AQI locally is DANGEROUS. Also, that's a SUPER cool Jeep picture!

Jeep Gladiator Norcal fires. 2020-09-09

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I've ordered a couple of things online recently and was asked if I wanted to donate to the CA fire fund of some sort - yeah, sure thing.
For people that think it only impacts CA - think again.
I agree it's a super-cool Jeep picture, but it's super-scary, too, when you realize why the look.

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Thanks for sharing; I understand you have no control over the current situation, however is this the fire started by a gender reveal pyrotechnic? If so, can we eliminate this family from procreating? Not only are these 'parties' asinine, but consider all that's been lost as a result. They should be criminally and civilly liable.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I've ordered a couple of things online recently and was asked if I wanted to donate to the CA fire fund of some sort - yeah, sure thing.
For people that think it only impacts CA - think again.
I agree it's a super-cool Jeep picture, but it's super-scary, too, when you realize why the look.

Peoples Republik of Cali (PRC) probably would not have half the issues they do if it wasn't for for bad policy. I feel bad for the fire fighters. I wonder how much much of that donation would actually get to it's intended target.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GoVR46

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
Thanks for sharing; I understand you have no control over the current situation, however is this the fire started by a gender reveal pyrotechnic? If so, can we eliminate this family from procreating? Not only are these 'parties' asinine, but consider all that's been lost as a result. They should be criminally and civilly liable.
That fire you speak of was created in Southern California, I’m located in Northern California. But yeah, complete idiot to do that. Next time get a cake with pink or blue filling. Geez.
On the plus side I heard that family is going to be on the hook for a very large bill, Over a million dollars for restitutions. Of course the fire isn’t even out yet so that bill can grow.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
My brother lives in Winters and has been evacuated twice this year already.

I went to school in Chico and had a couple days like this back then, but that is not the middle of the Bay Area obviously

I’m glad I escaped, but I have so many friends and family in danger from this summer

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
While that's a great photo, that's not a sky color I care to see in person. Thankfully fire isn't something we have to worry about on the east coast. Make sure you have a go bag stashed in the JT and stay safe over there!

OP
OP
GoVR46

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
While that's a great photo, that's not a sky color I care to see in person. Thankfully fire isn't something we have to worry about on the east coast. Make sure you have a go bag stashed in the JT and stay safe over there!
Thank you, with everything going on in the world, and especially the United States. Covid, Hurricanes, Fires, BLM protest riots and looting. This is one year to remember.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Bay-Area-awakes-to-foreboding-smoke-choked-15553731.php

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, with everything going on in the world, and especially the United States. Covid, Hurricanes, Fires, BLM protest riots and looting. This is one year to remember.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Bay-Area-awakes-to-foreboding-smoke-choked-15553731.php
Or try to forget............

But then I recall the stories of my grandparents - it's just that we all know about it on the hour or even before it happens these days.

That fire you speak of was created in Southern California, I’m located in Northern California. But yeah, complete idiot to do that. Next time get a cake with pink or blue filling. Geez.
On the plus side I heard that family is going to be on the hook for a very large bill, Over a million dollars for restitutions. Of course the fire isn’t even out yet so that bill can grow.
What the heck is up with these things? I've seen them on TV shows as a big really cool deal that people flip over. It's almost like you are nothing if you don't do these things.
People have been burned, ended up in hospitals and worse because of stupid gender reveal.

Send people an EMAIL, or do like my parents did - CALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
Talk to them, skip the movies and social mediocre bit.
Better yet - surprise people, have the kid and let them find out in other ways.

Someone is making a mint off selling this BS to fools who think the whole world wants to see their blue or pink smoke, or in CA maybe it should be gray and not pink or blue for reasons I won't go into.
These things in many cases are fireworks. And while I'm not at all against fireworks (my parents used to drive us kids into MO to buy them across the border and bring them back home to Iowa - and they even helped shoot them off.) most locations have banned fireworks.

If CA managed things like some other places do - they'd not have the fire risks and extremes that they do. When I was in Alaska we could see smoke off in the distance and asked about it.......
We were told it was wildfires. When we asked......... we were told it's natural and they let them burn so there's less risk of fires over-all.
It's a shame that forestry in the middle of the last century didn't realize that what they were doing actually made things worse for the future, not better.

Sponsored

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance
Pretty much the entire western half of the continental US is all on fire these days, but yeah having just moved out of the Bay Area, this is the worst I ever recall seeing it out in CA. We had ash falling from the RMNP area fires here last weekend, right before the temps dropped 60 degrees and the snow hit.

Jeep Gladiator Norcal fires. Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 9.49.00 AM

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I live just outside of Sacramento CA and the Air 2 days ago was at 416 AQI and 500 is the max we have fires to the west, East, North of us so everyday its been raining ash. And 2 days ago my favorite place to off road by the rubicon trail is now on fire as well

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I live just outside of Sacramento CA and the Air 2 days ago was at 416 AQI and 500 is the max we have fires to the west, East, North of us so everyday its been raining ash. And 2 days ago my favorite place to off road by the rubicon trail is now on fire as well
I know it's bloody bad when we have haze and meteorologists here talk of the smoke in the air........
We've now had 3 days of rain - thank goodness as we were under severe drought and our well had run dry more than once and everything here is dead or dying except the trees which have survived. Some have already turned yellow and lost leaves.
That's what's saving us from the smoke and haze - rain.
It's a shame it can't be in the western states, too, as this is a looong soaker - exactly what's needed. Not a gully-washer.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I’m just outside of Sacramento too. Tuesday was crazy. At 4:00, I thought I should start working on dinner, because it was so dark out. It felt weird.

You get used to fires here, but this season is a whole nother level. That lightning storm we had in August set this state on fire.

air quality is moderate today, so probably going to get a mountain bike ride in. Can’t take staying inside everyday.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I know it's bloody bad when we have haze and meteorologists here talk of the smoke in the air........
We've now had 3 days of rain - thank goodness as we were under severe drought and our well had run dry more than once and everything here is dead or dying except the trees which have survived. Some have already turned yellow and lost leaves.
That's what's saving us from the smoke and haze - rain.
It's a shame it can't be in the western states, too, as this is a looong soaker - exactly what's needed. Not a gully-washer.
what’s this rain thing you talk of? How can we get it in California?
Sponsored