Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Chef
Here's the link to the ad

Hey y'all, I'm unsure if this is the right place for this, but I didn't want to join a Willys forum before I even own one! This ad is on FB marketplace, so if you can't click it, it's a 1963 with the 4 cylinder (rebuilt with 3k miles), manual trans, new crank, 4" lift, newer wheels/tires. They're asking $6000. I'm looking at it for occasional beat around the property, plow the driveway, fun factor. It is this or a SxS, and this seems way cooler than a UTV. Something I can wrench on and teach my daughters how to drive stick. I have no idea what these are worth, but I know what to look for in terms of frame rust, and clutch/tranny etc. when I test drive.

Thoughts/opinions??

Thanks,
Matt
Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Lots of fun!
Just plowing the drive way is cool, but, heater/defrost doesn't work worth a darn, windshield wipers are useless, if it is a 6V and freezing out might be a little slow cranking over. The short wheel base beats you up, and if it doesn't have a over drive might be just a little bit slow.
Awesome vehicles, easy to work on, cult following for help and parts. Not enough power to completely grenade itself. Perfect for teaching a manual transmission. My Grandfather had some little salt pucks he would wipe on the windshield to melt the inside ice while driving then wipe it with a rag. He spit his chewing tobacco on the floor and would take the top off and spray the interior down with a garden hose in the spring. I learned how to drive in that bastard, very fond of them. Life time memories for your daughters. My humble opinion.