Sponsored

Overland: 275/70/18 BFG KO2s on Stock Suspension and Wheels

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator Overland:  275/70/18 BFG KO2s on Stock Suspension and Wheels 216B19AC-B1E4-4B46-9FB0-6406029D0FAF

Zero rub lock to lock. I like these much more than the 275/65/18 Falken Wildpeak A/T that I had previously. The BFGs are just as quiet. They measure 33.2” tall and 10.9” wide. The load rating is “E” vs. the Wildpeak’s softer “D” rating... and you feel the difference a little (firmer) but not remotely uncomfortable or jarring. Just right IMO.

Jeep Gladiator Overland:  275/70/18 BFG KO2s on Stock Suspension and Wheels D43E5AC7-7D6C-4A2D-B2E8-AED937D30152

Jeep Gladiator Overland:  275/70/18 BFG KO2s on Stock Suspension and Wheels DE656326-418C-4C82-ACB5-D0901CB52C15
Sponsored

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Shouldn't be any rub not even close as I was running 285/70R17s and those are 32.8 and 11.2" wide

OP
OP
TYJ

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Shouldn't be any rub not even close as I was running 285/70R17s and those are 32.8 and 11.2" wide
Correct. Zero rub. I’m just offering a data point for those interested in the same size/brand/model. 👍🏻

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Good looking tire and great use of existing wheels. My 80th Anniversary came with the same wheels and stock tires. These tires are much better than the stocks. The stock tires just look to pedestrian with no aggression.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
The JT's only need load range C tires, and the 17" Falken's are C's.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
That's kind of a bummer, I knew there was less selection for 18" tires, but I didn't realize it was THAT limited. I would think airing down would be impacted by sidewalls that stiff.

And yeah, I knew about the 18" wheels, the other Gladiator that parks near me at work is an Overland Diesel. Sharp looking trim level, I must say. He's going to 17" wheels when he gets the MC 3.5 lift installed, because of tire selection. Too bad, those OEM wheels are nice.

The OP has 18 inch wheels. Most tires in the size the OP went with are E range.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The OP has 18 inch wheels. Most tires in the size the OP went with are E range.
It isn't all that bad as I found out researching tires for mine.
That's what pops up by default, but as I found, I clicked other things and got to the SL rated tires. (which is what comes on the JT) I also told my dealer what I wanted, what I didn't want, and he said ok, will be here in 2 days.

I had no trouble finding tires for my 18" wheels. Of course if I was picky and said "I'll accept only this exact brand and this exact size and nothing else will do" in a couple of cases specific tires were only offered in load ranges I didn't want, but it wasn't that bad, honestly.

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Thanks for the picture. I've been debating Rubicon takeoffs or just get new tires to replace my stock tires.

AverageDad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
VP of Operations
Looks great. I just bought an Overland. Love it except the all-season rubber. Glad to see how good those wheels can look with good tires! How much are ride quality and noise impacted versus original tires? I like the off road look and capability…but I mostly commute to work.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. I just bought an Overland. Love it except the all-season rubber. Glad to see how good those wheels can look with good tires! How much are ride quality and noise impacted versus original tires? I like the off road look and capability…but I mostly commute to work.
Be aware that you lose MPG, a certain amount of ride quality, and road noise level will increase some.
I've switched back and forth between the lighter Falken A/T tires and the stock Overland Duelers, ran stock tires 4 months then the Falken about 4 months then the Duelers about 6 months and then the Falkens 5 months, or however it all worked out, direct compare one after the other.
My MPG definitely changed - from 18-19 with the Falkens back up to 21-22 with the Duelers, and having hearing aids I can tune on the fly with a phone app and check various sounds, pitches and so on - some may not notice it but with hearing aids, I could tell the sound level difference.
So what I did was go with a compromise size - not quite as wide as some run, but wider than stock with a more aggressive tread, but not as aggressive as some.

I have not compared to a heavier load range tire - only the Falken A/T that comes on Rubicon vs. the stock Overland tire. The Rubicon take-offs are now for sale (with wheels) as are the stock Bridgestone Duelers LOL

As far as MPG I talked that with the service guy for a while and he pointed out specific examples with specific customers, but really that's not necessary, all one has to do is consider science.

OP
OP
TYJ

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
These KO2s are surprisingly quiet. I don’t really detect any appreciable road noise from them. The ride is a little firmer over bumpy roads but I’m totally satisfied and happy with them.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
These KO2s are surprisingly quiet. I don’t really detect any appreciable road noise from them. The ride is a little firmer over bumpy roads but I’m totally satisfied and happy with them.
I had considered those - a guy who works on Jeeps (and AMC performance) in WI loves 'em. I'm not surprised by your comments above. Some say they get louder with age, others don't seem to think so.
I wonder if those who say they get noisy later don't have some alignment issue causing uneven wear.......... I know for a fact that will make even normally not noisy tires more noisy than they would otherwise be.

Tadfar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland Sting Gray
Appreciate your thread and pictures, just got a Gladiator yesterday, had BFG AT KO2 275/70r18 added today, stock suspension. I like the ride a lot better than the stock overland tires.
Jeep Gladiator Overland:  275/70/18 BFG KO2s on Stock Suspension and Wheels rear q
Jeep Gladiator Overland:  275/70/18 BFG KO2s on Stock Suspension and Wheels side
Sponsored