Overland Rubicon Build

gladi_recon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Picked up a Rubicon Gladiator replace my current overland built JKU with the increased interior space and its towing capabilities. The plan is to build this out as a overland vehicle when I'm solo but keep the weight down when the family is with me when I'm towing my Turtleback expedition trailer.

?temp_hash=d0f962ecbb19571aea334e6db60de92e.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
gladi_recon

gladi_recon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Next step was to install the 2" Mopar lift with a set of 37x12.50r17 BFG KM3's mounted on the AEV Savegre 2 wheels which gave the truck a pretty good looking stance and maintained the same ride quality.

IMG_5038.JPG

OP
OP
gladi_recon

gladi_recon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
We mainly use GMRS radios for communications on the trail and road trips with hard mounted radios in our vehicles and handheld units for spotting or passing out to other people in the group without radios. For this truck I wanted to have all of the controls in my hand so I went with the Midland MXT 275 GMRS radio with a 6db antenna mounted next to the hood. This radio also gives me one extra USB port under the dash that I used to power my Garmin Overlander GPS unit.

IMG_5026.JPG

OP
OP
gladi_recon

gladi_recon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Next phase of the build out included the Decked System, with an Alu-Cab tilting fridge slide and a Dometic CFX-40 fridge. After this I will be getting a bed rack for the roof top tent and accessories .

IMG_5264.JPG

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Nice build so far. I’m planning on going a similar route but plan on using an Alu-Cab canopy (that they’re developing) in lieu of a rack.

Can you tell me more about the Midland radio and how you mounted it?
Thanks!
Sponsored