p018b code showing up again.

pdumbleton

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have around 5K on my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon, and this is now the second time this ODBII Code has shown up. All I can find and the dealer has told me is it is a fuel pressure sensor issue.

The dealership replaced the parts and I got it back on Thursday. Then after filling up the tank on Friday the check engine light came back on with the same code. Yes, I tightened the fuel cap properly.

As with the first time the truck will not accelerate smoothly, it doesn't shift above 6th gear and stutters starting from a stop sign. I disabled the auto-shutoff via the dash button, but doesn't appear to make a difference.

I'm taking it back to the dealer on Tuesday, but my weekend plans are shot. Anyone else have this experience or have any suggestions?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

pdumbleton

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have around 5K on my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon, and this is now the second time this ODBII Code has shown up. All I can find and the dealer has told me is it is a fuel pressure sensor issue.

The dealership replaced the parts and I got it back on Thursday. Then after filling up the tank on Friday the check engine light came back on with the same code. Yes, I tightened the fuel cap properly.

As with the first time the truck will not accelerate smoothly, it doesn't shift above 6th gear and stutters starting from a stop sign. I disabled the auto-shutoff via the dash button, but doesn't appear to make a difference.

I'm taking it back to the dealer on Tuesday, but my weekend plans are shot. Anyone else have this experience or have any suggestions?
So I need a new fuel pump. Waiting on FCA to ship the part to the dealer. Currently no delivery date, part is back ordered. :mad:

Dealership offered a loaner, but they don't have anything with a tow package so that doesn't help me at all, so stuck without my Truck until the part comes in. Wife is not happy about the situation.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
So I need a new fuel pump. Waiting on FCA to ship the part to the dealer. Currently no delivery date, part is back ordered. :mad:

Dealership offered a loaner, but they don't have anything with a tow package so that doesn't help me at all, so stuck without my Truck until the part comes in. Wife is not happy about the situation.
Hi Paul,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. We would be happy to have a case escalated for you to see if there is anything we can do on our end to assist. Please send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

OP
OP

pdumbleton

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hi Paul,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. We would be happy to have a case escalated for you to see if there is anything we can do on our end to assist. Please send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares
Thanks Alex, I have an open case with US Customer Care, and I think a solution has been found related to the loaner. :fingerscrossed:

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Thanks Alex, I have an open case with US Customer Care, and I think a solution has been found related to the loaner. :fingerscrossed:
Happy to hear that, Paul!
Alex
Jeep Cares

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hmm - having similar issues. The check engine lite came on, read as fuel vapor error. Cap was on tight, had gone through half a tank before the light came on. And was a bit less smooth on accelleration. After another fill, it finally turned off a couple days later. A couple weeks later I actually got the 'check fuel cap' message - it was on tight. But took it off and put it back on - message stopped. Last night no check engine light. This afternoon the light was back. Have not had it read yet but suspect it is the vapor sensor again. I have less than 3000 miles on my Gladiator, just got it Labor Day weekend.
Sponsored