Sponsored

P0300 Misfire Before Gladiator had 400 Miles on it. Back to the dealership for the 3rd time.

Oakstump

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Well I got mine back. According to the dealer nothing needed to be replaced and the cam shaft was misaligned by more than 2 degrees on the intake cams. They did a cam crank relearn, it’s supposed to be good to go.
Between the dealer and home everything seemed fine; so hopefully it’s fixed? We will see how the next cold start or two go I guess.
Don’t know anything about cars much...any of you have input on their fix?

halsjeep

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
PI
How was it running up to that point?
I actually never noticed any problems or rough idling. When starting the vehicle the AutoStart/Stop displayed an error that it was unavailable. That happened twice. Thats when the check engine light came on . I have had one pending code since taking it in to the dealership but it has since cleared itself.

ForestTech

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Forestry
Hey Forest, how did you work the warranty? I’m at 5k miles now, about 3k since I’ve had any issues (other than one pending p300 code that never threw the CEL) but would still like to look into the extended warranty.
They offered it to me for the hassles and 26 days of down time. I really did t do much but complain to them for 26 days! Lol

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I just hit 2000 mi. and no CEL. So your saying it's been happening up to 5000 mi?
Not really. My JK got this at 30k miles. you have less of a chance after 10k, but it can happen anytime.

Sponsored

allen19

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Add me to the list. 781 miles on my 2021 when I got a flashing CEL when my engine started sputtering on my first trip away from home. "Thankfully" I was ~20 miles from a dealership in Sioux City, IA. I put thankfully in quotes because they said it was from an apparently damaged plug in #2 cylinder was causing it to misfire. Got it back on the road and ~50 miles down the road I got a flashing CEL again (along with the sputtering again). Pulled it over and turned it off while I was trying to figure out my next move seeing as the dealer was closed and my hotel was 100 miles in the opposite direction. Opted to try and limp it to my hotel as there was another dealer there and I'm working there for a few days. Started it and was able to drive it the distance with no sputtering or CEL. While driving it around over the weekend (couldn't get it in) it gave me a solid CEL and sputtered every time I stepped on the accelerator

Took it to the second dealership this morning. They said it was #1 cylinder misfiring and said the sparkplug looked like it had been dropped because the ground electrode was bend and the porcelain was cracked. They replaced the plug and test drove it for almost 35 miles with no reported issues. I picked it up right as they were closing and could tell at the first light I had to stop at that it was still misfiring, just not to the point where it activated the CEL. Tried timing the misfires but the misfires are inconsistent. I really want to try limping it back to the dealer I bought it from as they've been very trustworthy with my Wrangler for 10 years but I have a feeling that it won't make it nearly that far

Owned it for 9 days and 2.5 of those have been split between two dealerships...

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
allen19
"Add me to the list. 781 miles on my 2021 when I got a flashing CEL when my engine started sputtering on my first trip away from home."

Really stinks that your brand new '21 has this issue. Hopefully, one of the available fixes will address your specific problem, although I would expect your JT already has the latest PCM FW? Could you post your trucks MDH?

allen19

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler Unlimited, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon
allen19
"Add me to the list. 781 miles on my 2021 when I got a flashing CEL when my engine started sputtering on my first trip away from home."

Really stinks that your brand new '21 has this issue. Hopefully, one of the available fixes will address your specific problem, although I would expect your JT already has the latest PCM FW? Could you post your trucks MDH?
I'm at the dealership for the third time in a week and they told me all my firmware is up to date. I'm new to the forums so I'm not up on all the acronyms. What is MDH?

flatboycms

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Account Rep
I'm at the dealership for the third time in a week and they told me all my firmware is up to date. I'm new to the forums so I'm not up on all the acronyms. What is MDH?
Month
Date
Hour
You should be able to find on our VIN plate in the drivers door jamb.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon