Sponsored

Picked up a new Grand Cherokee L Thursday and Already been in Service twice.

FrankFrqnkFrank

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Is the GC L essentially the same exterior and interior size as the older Durango?
Sponsored

OP
OP
PunknJLBlackJT

PunknJLBlackJT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon and 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Estimator for Pharma facilities
Vehicle Showcase
Is the GC L essentially the same exterior and interior size as the older Durango?
I think it’s an 1” wider and longer. The design feels and looks much better. That’s what sold me on it initially

204E16FB-3B43-41B9-9E70-8E326C92215F.jpeg

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone look at the light tan and think some of them almost had a pink hue to them? I hated how light it was and swore up/down there was a tinge of pink! I’d have to go up to the overland model to get the different brown or the grey.

@PunknJLBlackJT did your limited come with the Tech package?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I test drove an "L" just to see. It's an impressive vehicle, however, I feel like some of the strengths of the outgoing Grand Cherokee are missing on the L. For one, the V6 Pentastar really feels long in the tooth in that vehicle. I was surprised because the 8 speed/V6 combo works well in a lot of other FCA/Stellantis products. My Gladiator feels more responsive. Also, I 100% agree about the new Uconnect system. I much prefer the 8.4-inch older UConnect. The new one is less user-friendly, slower and glitchier. Also, I was shocked that the back-up camera looked grainy. The cameras in the RAM and the Gladiator/Wrangler are both high-def and awesome. Why did the L get a crap back-up camera or is it just the larger screen that distorts it?
The backup cam image on the JT is superior to any other Jeep I've been in, be it Compass, or the 2021 WK2 My son and wife both commented on how perfect the image on the JT is as far as back up camera.

2018 Compass with brand new replacement radio installed by dealer this summer, my wife's new 2021 Grand Cherokee picked up October 2020, my 2020 JT

I wonder if it's the close-up view capability of the JT's camera that makes it crisper, clearer and the colors more accurate?

Jeep Gladiator Picked up a new Grand Cherokee L Thursday and Already been in Service twice. 3-jeeps-1a

OP
OP
PunknJLBlackJT

PunknJLBlackJT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone look at the light tan and think some of them almost had a pink hue to them? I hated how light it was and swore up/down there was a tinge of pink! I’d have to go up to the overland model to get the different brown or the grey.

@PunknJLBlackJT did your limited come with the Tech package?
Ours just got the dual panel sunroof with the kid camera. They are changing packages now and I’m not sure if you can get that one in the limited anymore.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PunknJLBlackJT

PunknJLBlackJT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
From what I’m reading on the forums over there they just stopped including the air suspension on the overlands due to the chip shortage and are only giving people a $750 credit on the window stickers on new builds. I wanted to go to that trim but didn’t want to swing another $10k for air ride.

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
What forum have you found the most info on the GCL?

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
eh, the air ride seems to be a common failure on the Ram's. Think I'd pass. I am waiting to see the regular GC rollout.

Good luck OP with your issues.

BluRubY

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
I recently traded my GC L Summit for my Gladiator. It just wasn't me.
Jeep Gladiator Picked up a new Grand Cherokee L Thursday and Already been in Service twice. IMG_7340.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Picked up a new Grand Cherokee L Thursday and Already been in Service twice. IMG_7711.JPG

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
I recently traded my GC L Summit for my Gladiator. It just wasn't me.
Jeep Gladiator Picked up a new Grand Cherokee L Thursday and Already been in Service twice. IMG_7711.JPG

Looking into the GC L for my wife. It will replace her Ford Explorer… what don’t you like about the GC L?

BluRubY

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
Looking into the GC L for my wife. It will replace her Ford Explorer… what don’t you like about the GC L?
Don't get me wrong it was a very nice vehicle. I did not like the air suspension and the way it adjusted itself automatically (air suspension has been deleted from most models since).

I had to disable the automatic braking because it would slam on the brakes when I backed in my garage. It was just not for me. I am more of a Jeep or truck guy.

The thing I miss most is the 19 speaker 900+ watt stereo system.

Cmata84

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Traded our 20 Durango in on one of the new Grand Cherokee Ls on Thursday. So far regretting it. The first day we had it at 45 miles the service 4wd light came on then we stopped and restarted the car a couple times and it went away. Had them run diagnostics on it and they saw it tripped and thought it was a software glitch, they said it it happens again to call. Next day it happens again and my wife noticed it binding up when she would turn the wheels while the light was one. Shut it off and it went away again. So its in the dealer this morning for the second time in under of week of ownership. Also not thrilled with the new 10" Uconnect's in these, its been very glitch compared to the 8" in my Gladiator or Durango. The skip song switch on the steering wheel only works some of the time and its been freezing the radio when I try to connect to car play and I have to turn the car on and off to reset it.

Cmata84

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Grand Cherokee L had for 2.5 months been at dealer 4 times w 4wd light and low oil pressure and they cant figure it out except a software issue. Called Chrysler 4 times to claim lemon and they keep denying me. They update it and it does away every week to 2 weeks. Take a picture every time and go to the dealership every time it happens. They need documentation.