First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sales
I've throughly enjoyed soft tops on my wranglers and now JT. I use a Harken hoist to keep the hard top off in the summer.
Sponsored

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
The snow we get on the west side of the Cascades is wet--read heavy. It's definitely not powder.
Good to know thanks. We get our fair share of wet snow here, I'd just be worried if it was during work or sometime I couldn't go out and push it off quick. But sounds like not a big deal really.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Going for it .. Picking it up next weekend or the following, depends on work. Super excited! .. Thanks to everyone for the input .. Very much appreciated šŸ» ...
You can now get ready to draw dust bunnies on your hard top

ntwrkguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Jeep Wrangler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
March 2021 - Ordered the Mojave with a painted hard top and never considered a soft top TBH ... Always loved the look of a hard top and figured the freedom panels would suffice for the the open air feel ... Over the 1st months of ownership I began wanting a Sun-Rider for convenience till I saw the price ... I daily drive my JT ... That said in the Florida heat with rain everyday on my drive home from May-September I didn't feel I was missing out on much ...

FFWD to today >> as Fall/Winter approach, FL weather will be prime for a Sun-rider or factory Soft Top to be taken advantage of from October-April ... I have an opportunity to purchase a BNIB premium soft top w/ tinted window for $900! (Sun-rider Price)... Ive never owned a soft top Jeep before or recall riding in one long enough to base an opinion on what it is like day to day driving with one. Ease of use, quality, noise levels and so on .... Any input would be greatly appreciated ... FWIW-My wife is on board with this expense so 1/2 the battle has already been won ...
I too have a hard top. Got a soft top as a gift and pretty much have the top down every day itā€™s not raining since. It takes me, literally, less than 30 seconds to go up down. Add in 1 minute if I take the rear window out. If Iā€™m out and one of those summer showers pops up, itā€™s 30s to a dry ride. Road noise is a bit more, but itā€™s a Jeep. šŸ™‚ I would do it again, even at full retail price, without hesitation.

Sponsored

ntwrkguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can now get ready to draw dust bunnies on your hard top
Yea. Lol. I built a nice cart for mine and itā€™s been sitting there for a couple of months now. Too bad thereā€™s not a good market for used bars tops. I donā€™t care to go back, even in the winter.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Yea. Lol. I built a nice cart for mine and itā€™s been sitting there for a couple of months now. Too bad thereā€™s not a good market for used bars tops. I donā€™t care to go back, even in the winter.
[/QUOTE
Sold mine I just didn't have space to store it and didn't see me ever going back to hard to at least for what I do and use my JT.

ntwrkguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I probably will try to sell it.

Rattydude77

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Contractor
I say no but we're I live we get snow if we didn't get snow I might consider It but it also depends on the long-term does it last or is it your daily driver.

Sponsored

ROC

First Name
Rocco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Iā€™ve had my truck for about 5 months now and said I wouldnā€™t buy a soft top since I can remove my hardtop myself. Well after almost being caught in a few storms to not being able to go topless when I wanted to without all the work getting the top on and off, I think next spring I will spend the money on the soft top. I also want a system for the truck so I mite have to make a hard decision.

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Iā€™ve had my truck for about 5 months now and said I wouldnā€™t buy a soft top since I can remove my hardtop myself. Well after almost being caught in a few storms to not being able to go topless when I wanted to without all the work getting the top on and off, I think next spring I will spend the money on the soft top. I also want a system for the truck so I mite have to make a hard decision.
Yeah pretty much my scenario ... Looking forward to regularly putting it to use

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 F-150, ā€˜15 CTS, ā€˜21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
I'm grateful that I rented a hardtop Wrangler before ordering my Gladiator so I would know which top NOT to get.

It's a great marketing ploy for what should have been named Bondage Panels.
Sponsored