First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator ,87 YJ , 48 CJ2A
Occupation
Tech
I took my 2020 Jt rubicon in for a few warranty issues as im at 34k miles . I had it wrote up for poor steering feel /wandering , A pillar dripping water inside and rear window leak . The tsb's are out for a steering box upgrade and new header seal and water deflectors for the first 2 concerns . Dealer had Jeep for 1 week , calls and says its done . i picked it up and they had done nothing except order seals for both drivers side doors . Technicion note's that no tsb's were found for steering issue . Now , my Jt rubi is an early build in 19' and has the aluminum gearbox , tech states no bulletins apply but documents i have a lift and oversize tires causing concern . I have no lift and 315/70/17 tires , which i also asked if they could calibrate for at my expense of course . Tech stated they cannot calibrate for larger than a 285 tire , yet the dealer sells and stocks mopar lift kit.
So i discuss issue with service manager , we look at bulletins , he agree's the tsb's for the steering box and A pillar leaks should apply and states he will order the parts and call me when they come in .
i get keys and go get my JT out of the back lot , and find it has not had even a mile put on it to test drive for the steering wander concern . Now im really pissed .
As luck would have it i get a customer satisfaction survey call later the same day . you know how that went .
So then i get another call from service manager , as they have heard from the survey company , reassuring me they will take care of my issue . I explain to him i do appreciate his effort and concern here , but the fact the tech did not even test drive my truck for a mile , documented i have a lift which i do not and stated no tsb's apply really has pissed me off . Plus i clearly indicated a concern with my back window leaking in the hardtop , that the tech ignored and order a rear door seal .
Im dumbfounded at all this nonsense trying to get simple issue's repaired .
Sponsored

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
You have to understand that the people most dealerships employ have draft between their ears and nothing else

OP
OP

Swampman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator ,87 YJ , 48 CJ2A
Occupation
Tech
You have to understand that the people most dealerships employ have draft between their ears and nothing else
I certainly see that becoming the norm ,but i too was a dealer tech at Gm , now an independent .
So im still going to hold them to my standards , i've paid my dues and have every right to judge these matters .
Sponsored