Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Hey guys,
As the title states, I am an owner of a 19 JLR 3.6 manual. Considering upgrading to a JTR which is on a lot here locally.
Have a few questions and am hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction.

This one Im looking at has alot of options on it. Im not used to that as my JLR only has 8.4 Nav, hardtop, and slush mats...nothing else. (Of course, I added the usual bumpers, winch, etc). Some of the options Im not all that interested in, but with all fairness, Ive never had them so not sure if Id like them or not.

Is it better to order your JT with exactly what options you want or find one off of lot and maybe sacrifice a little?

The one Im looking at is a 21 JTR 3.6 manual in Sarge green with the retro decal.
Options it has that I like are tow package, cold weather, LED, 8.4 Nav, safety, Aux switches, slush mats, hardtop, black grill, black wheels, and bedliner.
Options I dont care for is the front steel bumper. This is mainly cuz I prefer aftermarket bumpers. And bright sill guards.
Options I am on the fence cuz Ive either heard good or bad are headliner, hard tri fold tonneau, remote proximity, cold air intake, and mud tires.

I know this is kind of a hodgepodge post with no pics, but Im trying to get this posted before I head out to work. Was going to get an early quit and head over to dealer around noon. Would like some insight about my question and the options listed above before I get there.

Thnks for any and all advice!
Sponsored

Mofo67

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
If you don’t mind waiting, ordering would allow you to get exactly what you want. I’ve owned 2 Gladiators, a 20 Sport S and currently a 20 LE.
For me I like a bed cover. Added a trifold to the Sport and prefer it over the roll up on the LE. I really like the remote proximity doors. Don’t have to fumble for the key fob when my hands are full. Have the headliner in the LE, really can’t tell much if any difference in the noise level vs. the Sport without headliners. I like the look better with the headliners.
The other options you mentioned would be easy resale, except the bright sill guards. Steel bumpers are listed on this forum regularly and seem to sell. Same with the tires.
When I bought my 20 Sport new, July 2019, I got a good discount. Looking at most dealers now the discounts are minimal. This is of course due to supply issue. Before I bought my 20 LE used, I talked to a couple of dealers about a new Rubi. They both told me if I ordered one they would work me a much better price than the one they had on the lot. At the time both dealers only had 3-4 new Gladiators available. So you could possibly order what you want and get a better discount, but not sure how long the wait would be.
Good Luck in your decision.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Hey guys,
As the title states, I am an owner of a 19 JLR 3.6 manual. Considering upgrading to a JTR which is on a lot here locally.
Have a few questions and am hoping you guys can steer me in the right direction.

This one Im looking at has alot of options on it. Im not used to that as my JLR only has 8.4 Nav, hardtop, and slush mats...nothing else. (Of course, I added the usual bumpers, winch, etc). Some of the options Im not all that interested in, but with all fairness, Ive never had them so not sure if Id like them or not.

Is it better to order your JT with exactly what options you want or find one off of lot and maybe sacrifice a little?

The one Im looking at is a 21 JTR 3.6 manual in Sarge green with the retro decal.
Options it has that I like are tow package, cold weather, LED, 8.4 Nav, safety, Aux switches, slush mats, hardtop, black grill, black wheels, and bedliner.
Options I dont care for is the front steel bumper. This is mainly cuz I prefer aftermarket bumpers. And bright sill guards.
Options I am on the fence cuz Ive either heard good or bad are headliner, hard tri fold tonneau, remote proximity, cold air intake, and mud tires.

I know this is kind of a hodgepodge post with no pics, but Im trying to get this posted before I head out to work. Was going to get an early quit and head over to dealer around noon. Would like some insight about my question and the options listed above before I get there.

Thnks for any and all advice!
Drive an auto and the manual to see how each one feels. You aren't giving yourself much time to research and we aren't the ones buying it.

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
The steel bumper would sell.

The remote proximity is an option I did not get this round as I did what you did.

There is a way to add it, which I'm attempting when my parts come in - but it's not a 5 minute project by any means.

The headliner took me 15 minutes to install with the top off - super easy.

Tonneau cover, again easy installation.

Personally not a fan of the cold air intake, I would pull that.

Hardtop, your call - I love mine and can take it off in under 10 minutes so it doesn't bother me. And just enjoy the look of it better.

Tires....

I like the mud tires, they cut through snow beautifully. They were decently quiet. They do eventually suck in snow conditions when they get worn down.

All in all, none of the options are a crazy hit except the remote entry.

Cripton805

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
If you have not driven an auto. Drive one before you buy another manual. I had a manual and I traded it within two days of test driving an auto. I had the manual for two years because I buy all of my cars in a manual if it's available. This is the only time I ever regretted it. It was like driving an entirely different vehicle.
Sponsored