Sponsored

Power Mirrors and Remote Start not working after putting doors back on!

OP
OP
SmittyJD

SmittyJD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
img.png

UPDATE: So the jeep dealer had my truck for 5 DAYS and they gave up on it. Dropped it off on a Monday, called me Wednesday saying they fixed it. I showed up and paid (not covered by warranty) but I wanted them to unplug and plug the connector in front of me a few times before me driving home. Sure enough they unplugged it once and it was broken again. I told them to keep the keys and do it right. So Friday rolls around and they just give up on it saying they will give me my money back, order a new set of pins and call me in 7-12 days to reschedule an appointment to see if that will fix the issue. I get home pissed and look at it myself. Its a little hard to see but there is a tiny tiny horizontal piece of plastic that divides the slots the pins go into exactly under the red arrow tip. So I took a needle and straitened them out and removed so burred plastic that was damaged by the pins pushing on that part (photo is the male plug coming off the passenger door on a 2020 Jeep JT) Then I took the smallest allen key I have and straightened the pins on the female side and it fixed the problem. I plugged and unplugged it 6 times to verify the fix and its all good. Im really sick of the experiences I've had with Jeep service. Shouldn't be like pulling teeth to get someone to take their time and care for something like it was theirs.
[/QUOTE

OP
OP
SmittyJD

SmittyJD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have my appointment tomorrow. Mine is still under factory warranty. I am going pressure the dealership hard on this. Thanks for the information. I will let yall know what happens!

Nick83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Art Director
I have my appointment tomorrow. Mine is still under factory warranty. I am going pressure the dealership hard on this. Thanks for the information. I will let yall know what happens!
I'm still under factory warranty as well and they were still dying on that hill with telling me they wont cover it. It wasn't until I asked him to show me what I was doing wrong with, "explaining the right way to do it" that they gave me the money back but Im still waiting for that check to arrive in the mail. Im honestly just going to live with kind of a chewed up plug because everything they are doing is just making the situation worse and more complicated. I kind of don't want to ever touch the doors again and quite honestly was up looking at other car options to buy but who knows, still love the Gladdy it really has a lot of utility

Alfonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator and 2012 Nissan Frontier
I'm still under factory warranty as well and they were still dying on that hill with telling me they wont cover it. It wasn't until I asked him to show me what I was doing wrong with, "explaining the right way to do it" that they gave me the money back but Im still waiting for that check to arrive in the mail. Im honestly just going to live with kind of a chewed up plug because everything they are doing is just making the situation worse and more complicated. I kind of don't want to ever touch the doors again and quite honestly was up looking at other car options to buy but who knows, still love the Gladdy it really has a lot of utility

It's not a Gladiator specific issue with dealerships. Almost all dealership repair shops suck, so buying a different model I do not think will solve the problem.

My wife has a Range Rover Evoque that she insists taking back to the dealership she bought it from, even though it is out of warranty. In the past month she started having a leak and called for an appointment (which the most current one was several weeks out). In the meantime her CEL came on and they got her in early. They said is the radiator and needed replaced. $2,600. After having it a couple days, she got it back. still leaking fluid. They had her bring it back in and they tightened the clamps and hoses. Still leaking and the CEL came back on. I have finally convinced her to go to the other Land Rover shop her in St. louis that just opened.

Back story from when she was still under warranty, she had issues with her car shutting down. After each shutdown the range of driving kept in shorter distances. Even though all expense were covered under warranty at the time, it took them the third time for the correct diagnosis and a month of loaner vehicles. It ended up being a corroded wire that kept shorting out.

OP
OP
SmittyJD

SmittyJD

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I am happy to report that the dealer fixed this issue at no charge! I let them know that I followed the procedure to remove and install the doors the way the owners manual says. I also prayed about it. I think the praying helped more than anything.

Thanks for all the responses!
Sponsored