First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Development
Wow. How’d you get a loaner? My dealer has no rentals or loaners.
idk, I told them I needed it lol I’m not about to uber home #bougie

Was covered too didnt pay a dime for anything
Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
idk, I told them I needed it lol I’m not about to uber home #bougie

Was covered too didnt pay a dime for anything
Never seen those rims before. New for 22?

OP
OP
Sonoran_Mohavey

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Development
Never seen those rims before. New for 22?
No idea. It was loaded too. Big screen, leather, front cam, color matched fenders and hard top. Not a base model by any means. I bet they sell it soon versus keeping it as a loaner

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
pretty much anything said here has someone making an absolute pointless comment lmfao!
Yep. That's the reason I love this forum so much: Gain knowledge; others being honest about what they did that didn't work or what they would do differently; being able to laugh at ourselves and laugh with others; sharing in sad times and glad times; it's a community.

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Decided to put together a build thread here, inspired by all the cool threads I have looked at recently.

This is my very first Jeep, I came from a 2020 Sierra which I had put a lot of time and effort into, but I wanted something different. Found this Jeep at the dealership, test drove it and KNEW this was my next truck. I went pretty blind into the build, but I had been eyeing the gladiator since they released so I had an idea in my head.

The day after I bought my jeep, I was showing it to my dad and I pronounced it "mo-ha-vey" instead of "mo-ha-vee". We got a good laugh out of it and now that's what I call this build.

The goal of this build since day 1 was to make a good looking rig, that I could take camping, hunting, on multi day trips and eventually cross country. I REALLY want to take this truck through Canada and to Alaska as well. This truck is also my daily driver, however I work from home so most of my driving is purely recreational.

Build List (Completed)
- Rebel Off Road XPLOR Half Rack
- Rebel Off Road Bed Rails
- Mopar Sliders (Replaced the Mojave Plastic Steps)
- Mopar stubby Steel Bumper + Rubicon Skid Plate (Replaced Mojave Skid and P1lastic Bumper)
- iKamper Mini
- Baja Designs Squadron Sport Fogs
- Baja Designs LP6's
- Hothead Headliner
- 15% tint up front, 35% in the rears (Everything matches perfect)
- Mountain Hatch Tailgate
- Midland MXT275 w/ Ghost Stubby Antenna on the hood

Build List (Upcoming)
This is a secret.. Still lots I want to do!

Current Look 12/9/21

View attachment 203389
View attachment 203392
I need someone to explain to me why this tent is worth almost 4K? I’m looking at them and I just could never justify that cost for this brand. What makes it so great?

OP
OP
Sonoran_Mohavey

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Development
I need someone to explain to me why this tent is worth almost 4K? I’m looking at them and I just could never justify that cost for this brand. What makes it so great?
It’s a good tent, there is a reason so many people speak highly of it. Its warm in the winter, the build quality is great, and for me it checks all of my boxes in terms of size, price, weight, tent type and quality. what else is there to explain? You already said you could never justify it, so why are you asking lol

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
It’s a good tent, there is a reason so many people speak highly of it. Its warm in the winter, the build quality is great, and for me it checks all of my boxes in terms of size, price, weight, tent type and quality. what else is there to explain? You already said you could never justify it, so why are you asking lol
It checks the box on price? Lol we’re you just trying to buy the most expensive tent you could find? Jokes aside. I know it’s a good tent, but it’s only a tent. That’s why I said I can’t justify the cost and was curious what made you choose that brand. The hard shell is nice and I hadn’t thought about warmth, something to look out for. I value my money and if I’m going to pay a premium for something I need a tangible reason behind the extra cost.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
It checks the box on price? Lol we’re you just trying to buy the most expensive tent you could find? Jokes aside. I know it’s a good tent, but it’s only a tent. That’s why I said I can’t justify the cost and was curious what made you choose that brand. The hard shell is nice and I hadn’t thought about warmth, something to look out for. I value my money and if I’m going to pay a premium for something I need a tangible reason behind the extra cost.
The same could be said of a Gladiator. It's more expensive than other vehicles that can do 90% of what the Gladiator does, Yet here we are.

Then lets get on the topic of RTT vs Ground Tent or Truck Bed Tent.
RTTs are waaaaaaay more expensive, but provide convenience and time savings over setting up a ground tent, but are no where near necessary for most people.

The iKamper and specifically the mini takes that a little further.

The materials of this tent, combined with the ease of use, size and weight, Make it somewhat unique in the RTT world.
In the grand scheme of things, it's not that much more expensive. Lots of RTTs are $2000 plus
and this is much cheaper than Hookers and Blow.
:CWL:

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
The same could be said of a Gladiator. It's more expensive than other vehicles that can do 90% of what the Gladiator does, Yet here we are.

Then lets get on the topic of RTT vs Ground Tent or Truck Bed Tent.
RTTs are waaaaaaay more expensive, but provide convenience and time savings over setting up a ground tent, but are no where near necessary for most people.

The iKamper and specifically the mini takes that a little further.

The materials of this tent, combined with the ease of use, size and weight, Make it somewhat unique in the RTT world.
In the grand scheme of things, it's not that much more expensive. Lots of RTTs are $2000 plus
and this is much cheaper than Hookers and Blow.
:CWL:
Great point. That’s why when I bought the gladiator the only reason I did is because I made nearly 10K on my car and got an 8K discount. I wouldn’t have paid 57K for it because I don’t think it’s worth that.

I wasn’t talked ground tents, I was talking RTT’s. Not sure what the difference is between one that’s $1,300 and 4K. I could buy the $1,300 one 3 times for the price of one ikamper.

OP
OP
Sonoran_Mohavey

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Real Estate Development
Lol worded wrong but what I really meant that price was not really a barrier for me with the tent, I was willing to pay what I needed to in order to get what I wanted.

I also value my money, so I don’t buy anything just because or because of a name. I bought the ikamper because I wanted a hardshell, I wanted a high quality tent in terms of parts, well designed and easy to use. When we camp and hunt, we move around every night so I really value being able to set up and put away camp in 2 minutes.

there are plenty of really good cheaper options, some of which are just as nice as the ikamper, but again for me it was the exact tent I wanted in every way so the pricetag was justified.

Lot of tents out there, gotta find which one fits your specific use. Expensive is not always better thats for sure

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn’t talked ground tents, I was talking RTT’s. Not sure what the difference is between one that’s $1,300 and 4K. I could buy the $1,300 one 3 times for the price of one ikamper.
That you could.
and you could have also bought a different truck for $12,000 less.

But you wanted the Gladiator, because some of the features, look and other factors made you want it, and pay the higher price tag for it

Same thought process for the iKamper. I did list some differences.
All of this aside
It sounds like the iKamper isn't for you, just like a Gladiator isn't for people that think paying more than $35000 for a truck is too much.

KWin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise, BMW 328I, Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Engineer
The donut media guys have a good video on high low with the ikamper

I think they liked the lower cost one better, but both thought RTT in general is the way to go.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Lol worded wrong but what I really meant that price was not really a barrier for me with the tent, I was willing to pay what I needed to in order to get what I wanted.

I also value my money, so I don’t buy anything just because or because of a name. I bought the ikamper because I wanted a hardshell, I wanted a high quality tent in terms of parts, well designed and easy to use. When we camp and hunt, we move around every night so I really value being able to set up and put away camp in 2 minutes.

there are plenty of really good cheaper options, some of which are just as nice as the ikamper, but again for me it was the exact tent I wanted in every way so the pricetag was justified.

Lot of tents out there, gotta find which one fits your specific use. Expensive is not always better thats for sure
Totally understand that! I’m the same way when it comes to money. Was just curious about the tent because they’re a good grand more than most so when you see that it’s hard to wonder what makes it that much better. Thanks!
Sponsored