First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I bought the Quadratec stainless steel dead pedal. Looks and feels quality. Took all of 5 minutes to install. Easy. One thing I didn't expect. When the break pedal is released, it is felt very noticeable in the dead pedal. Some how the 13mms bolt that connects the dead pedal, touches a break line, reservoir or similar. Any other notice this. Foot on floor as normal I don't feel it. Foot on dead pedal, vibration felt when break is released. The 13mms bolt is only connection. It is torque correctly.
Sponsored

Red-Paint

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2019 RS3
Occupation
Contractor
I have the dead pedal and like it. But no I don't feel anything. It's not touching a line ! I will check for more (feel) Tomorrow and get back to this.

OP
OP
Jonny A

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I have the dead pedal and like it. But no I don't feel anything. It's not touching a line ! I will check for more (feel) Tomorrow and get back to this.
I have no issue with my dead pedal. It is great to be able to rest my foot there. It just surprised me that the release of my break pedal can be felt through the dead pedal. I wonder what that 13 mm bolt is attached to on the other side of the firewall?

Red-Paint

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2019 RS3
Occupation
Contractor
There are two bolts that are the master cylinder mount. It's heavy duty and just mounting the pedal to it won't hurt anything. I don't feel anything through mine.
Sponsored