Sponsored

Rampage *Trailview? Soft Top

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
So, I was at Jeep and Truck Fest today and saw an aftermarket full soft top option option other than Best Top. The Rugged Ridge rep said it was by Rampage, a subsidiary of theirs. He gave some good info, showed how it folded back, and gained my interest. Problem is, when researching tonight, I was unable to find it, anywhere. I was wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of it? It doesn't fold all the way back, but that's not a deal breaker for me. First pic is the top on their JT. Seco d is just an example of how the Top folds back from forward half.
Jeep Gladiator Rampage *Trailview? Soft Top 20210828_135750
Jeep Gladiator Rampage *Trailview? Soft Top Screenshot_20210828-230109_Google
Sponsored

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 F-150, ā€˜15 CTS, ā€˜21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Does it have to be removed from there or does it fold all the way back?

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Is this a new aftermarket option? Following.

OP
OP
LordEnzo

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does it have to be removed from there or does it fold all the way back?
I was informed it does not fold all the way back. But the rear window panel is removable. Only front half folds back. At lays almost flat, making it more aerodynamic friendly than anything else I seen. It also doesn't have that hump in the rear, flat across the top like hard top.

OP
OP
LordEnzo

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this a new aftermarket option? Following.
I'm assuming so, but is yet to be released. If available, and cost is similar to the JL version, I would be most interested. Especially since rep said it is a quieter ride than OE soft top, though I'm sure still not as quiet as hard top. The material looked and felt quite durable.

Sponsored

GRAN1TE JT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
Very excited to see what ends up happening with this! Interested.

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
I had that rampage top on my JK and it totally was fantastic. The windows came out in the back and there was a zippered pocket in the back to slide them in. It was so good that I kept it on year round and sold my hard top. If they make this for the JT Iā€™m in day 1.

OP
OP
LordEnzo

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had that rampage top on my JK and it totally was fantastic. The windows came out in the back and there was a zippered pocket in the back to slide them in. It was so good that I kept it on year round and sold my hard top. If they make this for the JT Iā€™m in day 1.
Thanks for the input. Makes me really curious now. How was sound on highway vs hard top? How well was the material, durability wise?

Sponsored

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
Thanks for the input. Makes me really curious now. How was sound on highway vs hard top? How well was the material, durability wise?
Sound was worse vs the hard top. Plus soft tops are especially cold in the winter. WV is not what I consider a ā€œsnowyā€ state but we do get dumped on infrequently. Iā€™ve scraped 12-14ā€ of snow off my top before and it held just fine. You do loose some creature comforts but itā€™s a trade off.

The only complaint I had with it, if I remember right, was the lack Of support bows. It was nice to throw it back and not have a bar in the way, but I can remember it holding a few gallons of water after heavy rains. Iā€™d get in, push up in the middle of it to shed the water and go on. Sometimes I was afraid it would tear from the weight but it never did. To my knowledge they fixed that flaw in later models though.

if I get the chance for a do over Iā€™ll probably run that during the summer then switch to my hard top in the winter months .

OP
OP
LordEnzo

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sound was worse vs the hard top. Plus soft tops are especially cold in the winter. WV is not what I consider a ā€œsnowyā€ state but we do get dumped on infrequently. Iā€™ve scraped 12-14ā€ of snow off my top before and it held just fine. You do loose some creature comforts but itā€™s a trade off.

The only complaint I had with it, if I remember right, was the lack Of support bows. It was nice to throw it back and not have a bar in the way, but I can remember it holding a few gallons of water after heavy rains. Iā€™d get in, push up in the middle of it to shed the water and go on. Sometimes I was afraid it would tear from the weight but it never did. To my knowledge they fixed that flaw in later models though.

if I get the chance for a do over Iā€™ll probably run that during the summer then switch to my hard top in the winter months .
Interesting, thanks again.

I don't think I'll have to worry much bout the cold being in FL, if anything we'd welcome it lol. Will have to wait n see bout the water pooling tho.

As for road noise, it looked like a slightly thicker material, bout without spec sheet it's just speculation. Need to test drive a soft top and compare noise levels. So long as it isn't too annoying for long drives, I could live with it. Don't get me wrong, half the fun of these vehicles is the freedom that comes with them.

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
Interesting, thanks again.

I don't think I'll have to worry much bout the cold being in FL, if anything we'd welcome it lol. Will have to wait n see bout the water pooling tho.

As for road noise, it looked like a slightly thicker material, bout without spec sheet it's just speculation. Need to test drive a soft top and compare noise levels. So long as it isn't too annoying for long drives, I could live with it. Don't get me wrong, half the fun of these vehicles is the freedom that comes with them.
I drove 8 hours one way from WV to point lookout MD with that top, no doors and no back windows for a week.

it ruled. Good memories.

702Gladiator

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Electrcian
Whatā€™s the point of a soft too that doesnā€™t fold all the way back? Am I missing something here?

Ill keep my premium soft top

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Whatā€™s the point of a soft too that doesnā€™t fold all the way back? Am I missing something here?

Ill keep my premium soft top
It's likely going to be popular for people who don't have a soft top at all, with hard top vehicles. It'll be easier to take all the way off than the hardtop, and more portable. Possibly also an eventual replacement for the factory tops if needed. Since the rear window section comes off, it'll be more open when taken back than the hard top with just the freedom panels coming off.
Sponsored