Sponsored

Voyager soft Top OR Trailview Soft Top

First Name
Emad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
While browsing on Amazon for a soft top, I noticed 2 identical (based on the pictures) but different companies.

1- Rugged Rage Voyager soft
2. Rampage Trailview Soft Top

Is there any difference between them?
Sponsored

SuperUltraMan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator Rubicon, JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Human Being
While browsing on Amazon for a soft top, I noticed 2 identical (based on the pictures) but different companies.

When I search, it always pulls up the same one under different names and prices.
I’ve seen poor reviews so I didn’t buy one.
I bought the Sunrider and it’s been great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Emad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
When I search, it always pulls up the same one under different names and prices.
I’ve seen poor reviews so I didn’t buy one.
I bought the Sunrider and it’s been great.
pls see both links from Amazon, they look identical

Limited-time deal: Rugged Ridge 13595.14 Voyager Soft Top fits 2020-Present Jeep Gladiator https://a.co/d/dIepKhB

Rampage Products 139035 Trailview Soft Top for 2020-2022 Jeep Gladiator JT https://a.co/d/28IZfBo

polarisTXguy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, F350, Boss 302, Mini, Ram1500
Occupation
Polaris Industires
I've seen them in person. While its cool because the front section lays back flat when open. You get what you pay for. if its a short tern use ie... Summer to keep the occasional rain storm out it will work and the price wont break the bank. I would not want to roll it year round. The material is not as nice as Twill products by Best Top plus it looks nosey as H--L when all closed up. I am keeping my eyes open for someone selling their factory top cheap, yes it does happen. I just picked up a New in the box Factory Twill Sunrider for $400 vs $1,000 retail.

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Emad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I've seen them in person. While its cool because the front section lays back flat when open. You get what you pay for. if its a short tern use ie... Summer to keep the occasional rain storm out it will work and the price wont break the bank. I would not want to roll it year round. The material is not as nice as Twill products by Best Top plus it looks nosey as H--L when all closed up. I am keeping my eyes open for someone selling their factory top cheap, yes it does happen. I just picked up a New in the Factory Twill Sunrider for $400 vs $1,000 retail.
Agree with you, its for short time only. Mopar is way too expensive

Sponsored

COmtnbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ; 2022 Sport S JT
I have a hard top. I am thinking of getting a MasterTop Bimini plus for summers.

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Gladiator, 2019 Honda Pilot

I own the Rugged Ridge version. While there are some shortcomings, I was aware of them from reading reviews prior to purchasing. I am only using it for summers and will probably be putting my hardtop back on this weekend. It works well for a summer top and I ran it mostly in safari mode with the rear window removed this summer.

To answer your original question. Both Rugged Ridge and Rampage are owned by Truck Hero, so I believe they are the same exact top just marketed under different branding.

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
I own the Rugged Ridge version. While there are some shortcomings, I was aware of them from reading reviews prior to purchasing. I am only using it for summers and will probably be putting my hardtop back on this weekend. It works well for a summer top and I ran it mostly in safari mode with the rear window removed this summer.

To answer your original question. Both Rugged Ridge and Rampage are owned by Truck Hero, so I believe they are the same exact top just marketed under different branding.
What is the install like? How long to install/remove?

OP
OP
First Name
Emad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator

Great help,
would are shortcomings?

and since there the same i would go for rampage since its cheaper

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is the install like? How long to install/remove?
The installation instructions provided were the not the best, however if you have had a jeep with a soft top before it is easy enough to figure out. The door surround hardware took the longest to put together and was the most trouble. I actually put them together incorrectly at first and had to swap a part from left to right. I think it took me about an hour and a half to install.

There are only 4 small bolts to remove from the front folding mechanism to remove the entire top without removing the door surround frame. These would take 5 minutes to remove and a little bit longer to reinstall. As far as removing all of the surround hardware, I haven't removed it yet, but I don't think it would take to long since it is only about 6 bolts.

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great help,
would are shortcomings?

and since there the same i would go for rampage since its cheaper
The number one thing would be as @polarisTXguy said is the noise. Not sure how much you would care about that. It doesn't bother me as I didn't buy a Jeep for a quiet cabin and I don't think it is really that loud. I had some wind noise when I first installed it, but has not been bad once I got it properly adjusted and fitted. It is fine for normal around town driving, but can get really loud when you get around 70 mph on the highway.

The main thing that bothers me is the plastic tab that is supposed to secure the rear window doesn't fit properly in the channel on the back of the cab. If you have the windows open and the front of the top open the rear window will come loose from the channel and then cause extra noise because of the gap at the bottom and flapping in the wind. This was really only an issue for me when driving at highway speeds, but was annoying.

As I said I removed the rear window as often as I could this summer to run the top in safari mode. If lived in a dry climate with hardly any rain, I probably wouldn't have used the rear window at all.
Sponsored