GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Gladiator, 2019 Honda Pilot
That rear window does look cleaner than other pictures I've seen. If I was still in the market this might have swayed me. Though storing the hardtop for the spring/summer/fall would have been a pain.
The rear window once stretched is really not that bad. It is larger area than the hardtop glass so gives a little more visibility than my hardtop.

There are only two issues I have with this top. When I get above about 75 mph it will start drumming and get really loud. Second, the plastic tab on the bottom of my rear window doesn't quite fit correctly in the bottom channel on the jeep and will usually come out when the windows are open and the front section is flipped open.
Sponsored

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The rear window once stretched is really not that bad. It is larger area than the hardtop glass so gives a little more visibility than my hardtop.

There are only two issues I have with this top. When I get above about 75 mph it will start drumming and get really loud. Second, the plastic tab on the bottom of my rear window doesn't quite fit correctly in the bottom channel on the jeep and will usually come out when the windows are open and the front section is flipped open.
That has happened to mine as well. Driving 75 mph into a headwind sounds like the whole thing is being ripped off! But I guess that's just part of having a soft top.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I love the larger area of the back window. Yes, it does drum a lot at speed, but then so does my TJ... but if you open the front, the drumming goes away... And rain will pool on the back section when parked, I may work on rigging up some sort of spreader bar back there. The only other improvement would be straps to roll the back window up and stow... like on a wrangler.

I had initial issues with the front header not seating properly, but that was solved with adjusting the front brackets.

SDC_Bolts

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
IT
When you say adjusted to seat properly, can you elaborate? I bought mine second hand with brackets already on it. It does have quite a bit of wind noise, I just chalk it up to being a soft top on a Jeep. I would have thought they would design the front of the top to go into the front ridge of the Gladiator window. I use some velcro around the bars and wrap around the roll bar to help with holding the top down more. It seems to fit flush on the front as designed, but with the instructions being a bit shady, and the lack of posts/videos on the top, I am not sure it is fitting as it should.

I do enjoy the top, got it on Marketplace for a pretty cheap price, so worth it for me for summer. In Iowa, so it won't be on this winter!

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
When you say adjusted to seat properly, can you elaborate? I bought mine second hand with brackets already on it. It does have quite a bit of wind noise, I just chalk it up to being a soft top on a Jeep. I would have thought they would design the front of the top to go into the front ridge of the Gladiator window. I use some velcro around the bars and wrap around the roll bar to help with holding the top down more. It seems to fit flush on the front as designed, but with the instructions being a bit shady, and the lack of posts/videos on the top, I am not sure it is fitting as it should.

I do enjoy the top, got it on Marketplace for a pretty cheap price, so worth it for me for summer. In Iowa, so it won't be on this winter!

I had to separate(cut) the welds on the front most brackets, and adjust the 2 haves to get them at the correct height for the front to seat. For me, it was lowering the door surround part to where its lowest part was even with the steps on the roll cage side. I just reconnected the halves together with a boltā€¦ I donā€™t have a welderā€¦

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Voyager Soft top 70804813871__FCFC1AC4-5987-4D60-AF2A-EC4898EFDE6E

Sponsored

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
I have one of these for I am trying to sell. Will ship but buyers pays shipping. Itā€™s listed in the classified section of the forum!

Whitepanther

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Is anybody riding with this in the winter?

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Is anybody riding with this in the winter?
Neither I nor my wife do. We put the hard tops back off for ohio winters.
Id think it would do just as well as a regular soft top though

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I have one of these for I am trying to sell. Will ship but buyers pays shipping. Itā€™s listed in the classified section of the forum!
What didn't you like about it?

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
What didn't you like about it?
The back window attached to the jeep via a channel and would not fit in to my channel. I think my channel might be pinched closed but cannot say for sure. Loved it other than that. If I do not sell it by spring I might try to use a strip of Velcro to hold the back window in place.

Sponsored

Reubster24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Not sure if you ever figured out your issue. But the top in this picture is not on the bracket correctly. See step 21 on the instructions. There should be a plastic flap that tucks in that grove between the 2 pieces you are talking about and the long thin metal plate.

So, really looking at it tonight. There are 2 tabs on each side,~ 1 inch and ~4 inch, that are holding it from seating at the frontā€¦

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Voyager Soft top 70804813871__FCFC1AC4-5987-4D60-AF2A-EC4898EFDE6E

and where they sitā€¦

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Not sure if you ever figured out your issue. But the top in this picture is not on the bracket correctly. See step 21 on the instructions. There should be a plastic flap that tucks in that grove between the 2 pieces you are talking about and the long thin metal plate.
Yes, worked with the engineerā€¦ the brackets that hold the over door plastics to the spot cage, were welded wrong. Cut the welds, and made a slot with a bolt through to adjust until it was tight.

what you see there, will not have any bearing on the frame sitting where it should. The bracket circled was welded 1/4 inch off on both sides, it held the tops windshield header too high to seal against the windshield.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Voyager Soft top 1711589807663-dd

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
That has happened to mine as well. Driving 75 mph into a headwind sounds like the whole thing is being ripped off! But I guess that's just part of having a soft top.
this issue would be a no go for me. While it looks cleaner than my OEM twill softtop, flapping and thrumming does not occur on my OEM. I enjoy how quiet my top is compared to my old TJ.

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
this issue would be a no go for me. While it looks cleaner than my OEM twill softtop, flapping and thrumming does not occur on my OEM. I enjoy how quiet my top is compared to my old TJ.
Yeah it's a trade off for sure. If I'm driving by myself it's no big deal. It gets obnoxious when I have a passenger. But it's only at 75-80 unless you're driving into a crazy head wind. I still really love the look of it. And after a year of being on, it is showing no signs of wear.

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
It is indeed a pain. Wouldn't be an issue for me if I only owned one JT. I have one of those J-Bar lifts and leave it hanging. My issue is my wife wants her top off too so I have to deal with 2 tops.

First World Problems!
Sponsored