Rugged Ridge Voyager Soft top

danimal2000

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
How does the material compare to mopar twill? Just wondering if this will look odd compared with my roll up tonneau cover
Sponsored

GHWillys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
It ain't where you're from, it's where you're at
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Gladiator, 2019 Honda Pilot
So, really looking at it tonight. There are 2 tabs on each side,~ 1 inch and ~4 inch, that are holding it from seating at the front…

IMG_0906.jpeg

and where they sit…
IMG_0907.jpeg
I haven't put mine back on yet for the summer, and I don't remember if those tabs are present on mine.

I notice in the last picture that you still have the piece the freedom panel clamps to still attached. I had some sealing issues with mine until I removed that piece and bolted the hook for the rugged ridge top directly to the windshield frame. Maybe try removing that to see if that helps.

Tackett1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT overland
Occupation
NP-C
Does anyone else that has this top annoyed that the clamps won’t let the Sun visors close all the way?

it drives me crazy.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I haven't put mine back on yet for the summer, and I don't remember if those tabs are present on mine.

I notice in the last picture that you still have the piece the freedom panel clamps to still attached. I had some sealing issues with mine until I removed that piece and bolted the hook for the rugged ridge top directly to the windshield frame. Maybe try removing that to see if that helps.
So, what I finally had to do to get it to seat correctly at the front, was to split the front bracket, and lower the door surround, then bolt back together. Could use a little more down, but set the bottom of the bracket that holds the surround, to the two notches on the part that attaches to the roll bar.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Voyager Soft top 70804813871__FCFC1AC4-5987-4D60-AF2A-EC4898EFDE6E

Clarkr32

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
The pics here are awesome I will now look into buying this and keep on 24/7 bc Az doesn’t get cold enough to justify removing it

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Cool sorry bro, enjoy your ability to remove only a portion of the top
What would lead you to believe I can only remove a portion of my top?

Clarkr32

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
What would lead you to believe I can only remove a portion of my top?
Unless you got a new updated version I have t seen that suborder is front seat only then u can do Additional work to remove the rest

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
At this point the only real design complaint I have with the top, is they should have put straps in to roll up the back window... I might be able to solve that too...

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
That crinkled saran wrap rear window would drive me nuts. I'll keep my sunrider, thanks
That crinkled saran wrap rear window would drive me nuts. I'll keep my sunrider, thanks
It may have taken a day or 2 of stretch time but window is pretty flat. I've had this installed for several months and LOVE this top. My wife has the sun rider on her JT so I can compare both. I very much prefer the sunriders latch system. On the voyager I prefer the look of the top laying flat over the sound bar. Initial installation of the voyager is a PIA. The voyager is much easier to go full open top than removing the factory hard top but then you have to figure out where to store that monstrosity. Ease of opening the front of either one is about the same. But the voyager gives more options regarding the rest of the top. That's what sold me on it.

20230602_153403.jpg

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
It may have taken a day or 2 of stretch time but window is pretty flat. I've had this installed for several months and LOVE this top. My wife has the sun rider on her JT so I can compare both. I very much prefer the sunriders latch system. On the voyager I prefer the look of the top laying flat over the sound bar. Initial installation of the voyager is a PIA. The voyager is much easier to go full open top than removing the factory hard top but then you have to figure out where to store that monstrosity. Ease of opening the front of either one is about the same. But the voyager gives more options regarding the rest of the top. That's what sold me on it.

20230602_153403.jpg
That rear window does look cleaner than other pictures I've seen. If I was still in the market this might have swayed me. Though storing the hardtop for the spring/summer/fall would have been a pain.

Last edited:

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Sounds like I can

That rear window does look cleaner than other pictures I've seen. If I was still in the market this might have swayed me. Though storing the hardtop for the spring/summer/fall would have been a pain.
It is indeed a pain. Wouldn't be an issue for me if I only owned one JT. I have one of those J-Bar lifts and leave it hanging. My issue is my wife wants her top off too so I have to deal with 2 tops.

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
It is indeed a pain. Wouldn't be an issue for me if I only owned one JT. I have one of those J-Bar lifts and leave it hanging. My issue is my wife wants her top off too so I have to deal with 2 tops.
I just take mine off for the winter and store it in the box it shipped in.
Same with the JLU version for the wife’s Jeep.

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I just take mine off for the winter and store it in the box it shipped in.
Same with the JLU version for the wife’s Jeep.
The 2 tops I'm referring to are the hard tops. I only have 1 lift/storage place to use while my voyager is installed. Problem is the lift is occupied and I can't use it to remove/store her top when she wants it off. I'll end up getting a second lift and that will solve the problem.

20230612_173509.jpg

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
The 2 tops I'm referring to are the hard tops. I only have 1 lift/storage place to use while my voyager is installed. Problem is the lift is occupied and I can't use it to remove/store her top when she wants it off. I'll end up getting a second lift and that will solve the problem.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Voyager Soft top 20230612_173509
Well now that makes tons of sense friend. My misunderstanding
Sponsored