First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Or abs. Either way, a computer is required to do a proper bleed, according to a shop I do trust.
I’m not saying you’re wrong. But I don’t think that all of the information is being released. The computer is needed to actuate the ABS system….. which in all fairness is true….

a way to avoid this is to ensure you don’t let air into the ABS system…. So- ensure the brake fluid res. Never runs empty…. Syringe the tank, refill with new fluid and bleed.

this is the internet so 🤷🏽‍♂️😉 everyone can do things however they would like… Just saying the criticality of operating the ABS can be avoided pretty easily.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I too am a grease monkey.. Just did my lift. I have rebuilt motorcycles , V8's transmissions etc... and have bled plenty of brakes in my life. I do all my own stuff and to think that something that simply would require a shop computer literally blows my mind🤯
Agreed. But oh well. It’ll be interesting to see how much air they get out. I’m going to hang out and watch.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not saying you’re wrong. But I don’t think the all of the information is being released. The computer is needed to actuate the ABS system….. which in all fairness is true….

a way to avoid this is to ensure you don’t let air into the ABS system…. So- ensure the brake fluid res. Never runs empty…. Syringe the tank, refill with new fluid and bleed.

this is the internet so 🤷🏽‍♂️😉 everyone can do things however they would like… Just saying the criticality of operating the ABS can be avoided pretty easily.
Good tip. I like it. I’m still good with letting someone do this, but a dealer will never touch it. I think it’s like home improvement. I’ll do everything except tile. I know I can do it, but have no interest in doing so. :)

OP
OP

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
I'll ask a few 4x4 shops that change brake lines how they bleed the air out. I hope it doesn't take a computer. A shop can screw things up a well as I can. I have done many brakes and never had a computer to do it. Terraflex sells big brake stuff and their tech line should know.
I went to Auto Zone for some Dot3 and they had regular and synthetic. What do we have in our Jeeps and can they be mixed?

Last edited:

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
I'll ask a few 4x4 shops that change brake lines how they bleed the air out. I hope it doesn't take a computer. A shop can screw things up a well as I can. I have done many brakes and never had a computer to do it. Terraflex sells big brake stuff and their tech line should know.
I went to Auto Zone for some Dot3 and they had regular and synthetic. What do we have in our Jeeps and can they be mixed?
Call em , after what I was told I have my doubts you get a great answer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
I was told that the bleeding is just like the old days unless you are replacing the ABS. I am just going to get the Mopar brake fluid. No one seems to know if it's synthetic or not.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I was told that the bleeding is just like the old days unless you are replacing the ABS. I am just going to get the Mopar brake fluid. No one seems to know if it's synthetic or not.
I hate that there’s so much misinformation. Oh well. I’ll know for sure on Friday. I’ll update this after that. I’ll definitely be watching to see what they do.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
On my 5G Ranger, there was a procedure to bleed the ABS pump that was entirely done with a computer. Sounds like the same thing here. Enough people have replaced those lines that we'd know about any issues by now.

WanderingTrail

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wanderingtrail.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Rubicon
Occupation
SSHO
Unless you get air in the system via the brake reservoir, bleeding is just like the old days farthest to closest. Bleed the rear passenger first, then rear driver, then front passenger, then front driver. I have replaced a line, hooked up the bleed bottle, bleed it, then moved on to the next line and repeated. Takes a little longer, but it minimizes the air in the system. Still takes two people.

Ron

OP
OP

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
This is correct AFAIK. This is what I am hearing over any other procedure.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Did mine old school way, was simple and effective. The gladiator brakes just kept on pumping fluid when the pedal was depressed so it really made it super easy other than making sure to watch the reservoir levels since it spit it out so fast.

OP
OP

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
Seems like we are all overthinking stuff a little much with the new vehicles.

MaxStrategery

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22'-3.6, 23'-3.0 Diesel,19'HonPilot NoTorque Editn
Occupation
Don't ask you wouldn't believe me.
I too am a grease monkey.. Just did my lift. I have rebuilt motorcycles , V8's transmissions etc... and have bled plenty of brakes in my life. I do all my own stuff and to think that something that simply would require a shop computer literally blows my mind🤯
I am certain I saw a video this week of a big brake upgrade on the gladiator, it was Teraflex kit, they bled the brakes by hand in the instructional video, no computer hookups or anything other than a bleed kit and a second in the truck pumping the brake pedal.

Stan H

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant