Sponsored

Rear seat recline kit

wingdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
My daughter complained about how her back hurts after riding in the rear seat today :facepalm:. I wonder whether there are any rear seat recline solution for JT similar to the one for JL.

Thanks,
Michael
Sponsored

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
We did this in our jku, the seat is entirely different in the jt. It hinges up and down latching at the back. I believe there's not going to be a way to do this in the jt. There's nowhere for the seat to recline to.

was there, is there anything holding the lower seat up? (Stuff under the seat?)

OP
OP

wingdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Thanks. There is nothing under the seat. It's mainly the upright position she complained about. I was surprised because she can ride in the back of our 86 westy for hours without saying a thing. Need to find a solution to this cause I plan to use JT for road trips this summer.

I wonder whether it's possible to move the seat bottom 1-2 inches forward by relocating the 8 mounting points and still latch the upper.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/195...pXrxDvjW3ngdnDXYfhocaAnz0EALw_wcB#prettyPhoto

Thanks,
Michael

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Following.

I'm interested in this as well.

MyMojaveJT

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Challenger SRT 392
Just a side note. You could do one or the seats. There are just two bolts that hold the seats together. I separated mine this past week when I pulled them out to have the inside lined.

Can't help with the recline but wanted to share above in case you want to "test" one side first.

TwelveSoldier

First Name
J T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator and Wrangler
It might be possible using the 4xe seats, since there's less forward legroom to make room for the battery. I would think it would allow for more of a reclining feel. I'm not sure though. The expense might also not be worth it.
Sponsored