First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Support Analyst
I've got a question about the rear window leak. I've got a 2021 Overland. This summer, it has sat through some pretty heavy downpours, drove through some REALLY heavy downpours, gone through a carwash (just twice), and it has never leaked. But I've never taken the back off the truck, and so far I haven't been able to take it off road, so the vehicle hasn't shown me how good it's articulation is. In affect, the back of the cab has never "twisted". I'm wondering if there are leaking issues in vehicles where the top has come off, or where the window may have been exposed to forces that would cause the seals to twist/unseal.
Sponsored

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
I've got a question about the rear window leak. I've got a 2021 Overland. This summer, it has sat through some pretty heavy downpours, drove through some REALLY heavy downpours, gone through a carwash (just twice), and it has never leaked. But I've never taken the back off the truck, and so far I haven't been able to take it off road, so the vehicle hasn't shown me how good it's articulation is. In affect, the back of the cab has never "twisted". I'm wondering if there are leaking issues in vehicles where the top has come off, or where the window may have been exposed to forces that would cause the seals to twist/unseal.
I take mine off EVERY weekend for the past 2 months. And I've not had a single leak issue at all. I also make sure to store the top and panels in a way that all seals will not be damaged in anyway. Just powerwashed pretty extensively yesterday and no issues. I wouldn't also be too close with the pressure washer too for obvious reasons.

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
I also make sure too align the tops and panels perfectly before setting them down. Never letting them drag. Wife and I are able to do it pretty efficiently now.

OP
OP

MattHamilton

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Support Analyst
I also make sure too align the tops and panels perfectly before setting them down. Never letting them drag. Wife and I are able to do it pretty efficiently now.
Well, it was a thought.....

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I wouldn't expect driving offroad to affect the window seal. It is sealed the same way the front windshield is, so if one leaked then both should. The leak in my original rear window was because FCA failed to use enough urethane when it attached the seal channel to the glass, just at the center of the very top. The new window has a much more generous bead.
Sponsored