Not open for further replies.

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
That looks amazing! I cant wait to see the finished product of all these builds. Great job as usual with all of your builds, including customer builds you guys have done. I know Brad from Trail Recon has great things to say about your shop and that's saying a lot. Brad likes things done a certain way and is very meticulous when it comes to his Jeeps. Great job!
Sponsored

PUGLIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, SSMT
I cannot wait to get the RK Quad rated springs under my JT! They are BEEFY! Rigs look great!

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
that looks great. what winch are you putting in the front?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
cause if you’re building your own rig a Rubicon is overpriced and the features aren’t worth the money.

Sport S and Overland .Max tow has more payload.
Leather/ lockers/ 1” and elec sway bar disconnects are not worth 8-15k more.

better lockers are available
Elec disconnects will fail
Gears will eventually be swapped as well.

Im getting my Gator Sport S .Mac tow loaded first 41k
Adding lift
Adding anti rocks front and back
Will be adding lockers and regearing in about 6 mo.

Rubicons are for those who just want you to look at the sticker think their rig is better than everyone else’s.....

when in reality everyone knows they just wasted a bunch of money for the sticker.

Dude, back away from the keyboard and cut down on the caffeine

Enjoy your gonna-getta-Gator-Gladiator and your planned build but until then you don't have one.

Sponsored

PUGLIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, SSMT
Dude, back away from the keyboard and cut down on the caffeine

Enjoy your gonna-getta-Gator-Gladiator and your planned build but until then you don't have one.

Dude live your life and stop policing mine! Until then you don’t have one.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Are you the guy that said I wasted my money because I got a Rubicon?

Lex Low

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Film Editor
That's a hoot coming from the guy criticizing those who purchased Rubicons. Remember, when you point fingers, 3 are pointing right back at'ya. 4 if you count one of mine.

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
That's a hoot coming from the guy criticizing those who purchased Rubicons. Remember, when you point fingers, 3 are pointing right back at'ya. 4 if you count one of mine.
Copy that. No need to slam other people's trim level choices. There are different ones so everyone can get what they want at a price they are comfortable with, and then add on as needed.

Sgt.-Hulka.jpg

PUGLIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, SSMT

Nope, don’t believe I said you wasted your money because you bought a Rubicon.

I stated there are better products that are more reliable out there to build a Sport S to way above a stock Rubicon level for less money. A Gladiator is not a wrangler. With the max tow option giving more payload and the same gearing and axels, in my opinion a Rubicon is pretty much a bought not built rig. IMO If you’re planning to build a rig than a Rubicon is a waste of money. I didn’t say that you wasted your money. But you paid more upfront and will be spending more money for the same stuff I’m buying when the OEM parts break down.

but seeing how I ruffled some feathers of the forum pigeons. Obviously my statement of how Rubicon owners “think” their rig is better, wasn’t so far off.

now if ya’ll can stop hijacking this thread and stop being butt hurt that would be great.

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.

I stated there are better products that are more reliable out there to build a Sport S to way above a stock Rubicon level for less money. A Gladiator is not a wrangler. With the max tow option giving more payload and the same gearing and axels, in my opinion a Rubicon is pretty much a bought not built rig. IMO If you’re planning to build a rig than a Rubicon is a waste of money. I didn’t say that you wasted your money. But you paid more upfront and will be spending more money for the same stuff I’m buying when the OEM parts break down.

but seeing how I ruffled some feathers of the forum pigeons. Obviously my statement of how Rubicon owners “think” their rig is better, wasn’t so far off.

now if ya’ll can stop hijacking this thread and stop being butt hurt that would be great.
Any model besides the base model could be considered a waste of money if your doing a build. It all depends on your build. Doing a build as in this thread a base model would make the most sense. If your just doing a lift and larger tires the Rubicon makes the most sense as there are certain things that only come on the Rubicon, each model will need steering upgrades and RCV axles if going to bigger tires.

Lex Low

First Name
Lex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK, 2020 JTR
Occupation
Film Editor

Now I understand the type of dude you are. Thanks for making it clear. Enjoy your day.

PUGLIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, SSMT
Any model besides the base model could be considered a waste of money if your doing a build. It all depends on your build. Doing a build as in this thread a base model would make the most sense. If your just doing a lift and larger tires the Rubicon makes the most sense as there are certain things that only come on the Rubicon, each model will need steering upgrades and RCV axles if going to bigger tires.

Exactly what I was saying in my post just a little more harsh.

I didn’t ask to be piled onto I was simply pointing out built vs bought and I also misunderstood the original question in the first place.

I get it. I’m a asshole and you guys are rock stars. Congratulations on your superiority. Have fun

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Exactly what I was saying in my post just a little more harsh.

I didn’t ask to be piled onto I was simply pointing out built vs bought and I also misunderstood the original question in the first place.

I get it. I’m a asshole and you guys are rock stars. Congratulations on your superiority. Have fun
I did not mean to come off as being superior so don`t take it that way. I was just trying to explain that what makes sense for one persons build might not to another just glad that we have the options as to what platform we want to start from.

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
Less squawking and more pictures please ;):like::rock:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.