Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1967 Kaiser Jeepster
Occupation
Software Developer
HAHAHAH!!!!! Way to rub it in, buddy. :clap:
How much is diesel a gallon these days?:like:
Well, yeah, there is that. 😭 Was also surprised at how LESS expensive diesel was at Rudy's.

For those that don't know....Waggs "I paid for these skids, I will use them all!"
Wheels a JTRD. And might as well wear a cape. Jeep should sponsor him as he does more in a stock JT than I have seen some modded ones do. Super chill guy.
It's easy(er) to be bold(er) with a GREAT group of wheelers. :)👍👍👍

Waggs
Sponsored

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Friends stack rocks for each other. ;)

Well, yeah, there is that. 😭 Was also surprised at how LESS expensive diesel was at Rudy's.

It's easy(er) to be bold(er) with a GREAT group of wheelers. :)👍👍👍

Waggs

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Hyundai Veracruz & 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Stuck Taco (who had no business up there solo with no gear nor experience):

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And the guys coming up and around said Taco (@Waggs yours was the best but the video did not record correctly and is lost—I’m sorry!):

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
@Clayton Off Road This is why I bought the 2.5 overland plus.

Waggs

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
Dump of my pics here.

Should be public (when they are done uploading) 🤪

Waggs

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Good time had by all. Except the Tacoma that got stuck at the gatekeeper and screwed up the trip for all. :clap:

26 degree down angle on loose rock is a bit of a pucker fest.

Check the flex from @FR33DOM @Clayton Off Road overland plus for the win.
I may have recorded a commercial for them as I did this section without lockers.

Jeep Gladiator Red Cone   7/9/22 IMG_2768

For some reason the video won't load for me but it looks like a great time!

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Weird. Sometimes if you refresh. Worst case I can email them to your work email.

For some reason the video won't load for me but it looks like a great time!

Sponsored

Waggs

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Developer
If you're on the bookface.

Text (Pics ion the link):
July 11th a team from Colorado 4x4 Rescue and Recovery headed up to Red Cone to recover a Jeep XJ that attempted to go uphill (the wrong way) on Red Cone from the saddle of Webster pass. While climbing that hill the rear drive shaft failed putting the vehicle in an extremely dangerous situation of virtually no traction. Trying to pull yourself uphill in just front wheel drive, and trying to slow yourself going backwards become virtually impossible. Due to the steep slope of 30-35 degrees, the occupants were extracted by Park and Summit County SAR the night prior.

The team began mobilizing around 10 AM and was on-scene coming from two different trailhead accesses around 2:15 PM. Half of the team drove Red Cone from the Highway 285 side and the other half came up from Keystone through Montezuma.
By 4 PM the vehicle was rigged for recovery and winching was underway. Once the vehicle was down on flat ground a plan was formed and executed to drive the vehicle out under its own power.

The last responder was home shortly after 8 PM.

As a reminder, it is extremely dangerous to attempt to go back up the one way descent from the summit of Red Cone. Please stay the trail, follow and respect the rules/directions of trails, and keep these trails open for others to enjoy annually! This was mere feet from a certain deadly outcome had the vehicle gone off the edge of the trail.
Thank you to The Edge Automotive for sponsoring this mission. Please check them out at https://www.theedgeautomotive.com/ for all your vehicle needs!
Colorado 4x4 Rescue and Recovery
We Recover the Rockies!

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Glad they were OK. How did they make it around the snow??? It was deep on Saturday. I did not see 30-35 degree. Did you?

If you're on the bookface.

Text (Pics ion the link):
July 11th a team from Colorado 4x4 Rescue and Recovery headed up to Red Cone to recover a Jeep XJ that attempted to go uphill (the wrong way) on Red Cone from the saddle of Webster pass. While climbing that hill the rear drive shaft failed putting the vehicle in an extremely dangerous situation of virtually no traction. Trying to pull yourself uphill in just front wheel drive, and trying to slow yourself going backwards become virtually impossible. Due to the steep slope of 30-35 degrees, the occupants were extracted by Park and Summit County SAR the night prior.

The team began mobilizing around 10 AM and was on-scene coming from two different trailhead accesses around 2:15 PM. Half of the team drove Red Cone from the Highway 285 side and the other half came up from Keystone through Montezuma.
By 4 PM the vehicle was rigged for recovery and winching was underway. Once the vehicle was down on flat ground a plan was formed and executed to drive the vehicle out under its own power.

The last responder was home shortly after 8 PM.

As a reminder, it is extremely dangerous to attempt to go back up the one way descent from the summit of Red Cone. Please stay the trail, follow and respect the rules/directions of trails, and keep these trails open for others to enjoy annually! This was mere feet from a certain deadly outcome had the vehicle gone off the edge of the trail.
Thank you to The Edge Automotive for sponsoring this mission. Please check them out at https://www.theedgeautomotive.com/ for all your vehicle needs!
Colorado 4x4 Rescue and Recovery
We Recover the Rockies!

FR33DOM

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad they were OK. How did they make it around the snow??? It was deep on Saturday. I did not see 30-35 degree. Did you?
I saw 26 degrees briefly. Not sure 30-35 degrees is there tho. I saw a group got the snow in Webster pass cleared out on Sunday :)

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I want to refer Red Cone for BOH. It's worthy

I saw 26 degrees briefly. Not sure 30-35 degrees is there tho. I saw a group got the snow in Webster pass cleared out on Sunday :)