First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Creative Director
Hey there, new to the forum after deciding to buy a Gladiator here in Australia!

Can anyone explain if the rear window (entire panel) can be removed and if so how? (For spraying purposes).
Cheers
Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
I have no experience with it, but several in this forum have had leaks around the rear window and they had them removed and replaced. Search for rear window leak and you might find something about the removal. It sounded like it was pretty brutal and most cases they were destroyed during removal process. I'm sure this isn't what you wanted to hear, search for leaks and you will find some related info on removal. BTW I have several Alvey reels, love them.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
On the hard top, no. It is one piece like the Wrangler hard tops.

Dunno about the softop.

OP
OP
Boomtown

Boomtown

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2020
Occupation
Creative Director
I have no experience with it, but several in this forum have had leaks around the rear window and they had them removed and replaced. Search for rear window leak and you might find something about the removal. It sounded like it was pretty brutal and most cases they were destroyed during removal process. I'm sure this isn't what you wanted to hear, search for leaks and you will find some related info on removal. BTW I have several Alvey reels, love them.
Thanks for that. Yeah I was just checking, pretty sure it will need to be removed professionally ie. its not something you can do by unscrewing a few things here and there.

Cheers mate

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks for that. Yeah I was just checking, pretty sure it will need to be removed professionally ie. its not something you can do by unscrewing a few things here and there.

Cheers mate
I've done window replacements before (junk yard glass). Just need a heat gun and a carpenter razor blade. Something long and sharp. Heat the glass and use razor to cut behind it and take your time, should come out easy. The key is to not pry on the glass but to use the razor to cut the seal behind it. Hope it helps
Sponsored