Sponsored

RokBlokz Warning

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Installed my RokBlokz XL original length this weekend and drove down my gravel driveway. Once I got up to speed on the main road I heard rocks from the tread start hitting the side of my Jeep. Sure enough I’ve got 4 sizable scratches down the side of my rocker less than 10 miles after installing them.

Learn from my mistakes, don’t waste $200 on the XL original. Maybe the XL Long would be better, but they have a no return policy outside of manufacturers defects and I’m not risking any more of my money with them.

Jeep Gladiator RokBlokz Warning 09FEE5AB-1735-4030-BD7A-0E63C946D50D

Jeep Gladiator RokBlokz Warning 93091DC6-1F6B-4A7E-84D1-DDF6FE9F6C21
Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
So your mad at them for you not getting the correct size.

Had them on 2 different jeeps and never an issue in over 5 years

OP
OP

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
So your mad at them for you not getting the correct size.

Had them on 2 different jeeps and never an issue in over 5 years
Sorry I must have missed where they specified the correct size for a factory 33” tire and factory wheels was XL long. The only sizing I saw was they recommended XL for bigger than 35” or offsets.
I’m trying to warn others with this thread since they don’t specify.

Please do check back in with another helpful reply if you find the sizing chart from RokBlokz.

OP
OP

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Just as a follow up, after emailing RokBlokz inquiring about a discount or return to exchange for the XL Long they offered me a whopping 10% off a new set. The same discount they offered everyone this weekend for their Memorial Day sale.

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
I’m running XL original on 37s, no issues. Are you sure you didn’t get those scratches from driving your drive way before installing the flaps? Hardly seems like RB responsibility to give you a special discount or special return.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I’m running XL original on 37s, no issues. Are you sure you didn’t get those scratches from driving your drive way before installing the flaps? Hardly seems like RB responsibility to give you a special discount or special return.
Definitely not their responsibility, but some companies have great customer service that goes above and beyond their responsibility and some companies don’t.
I think if you have rock sliders + XL original you’re probably fine, the area the scratches are in would have been protected by rubi rails.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Huh, my Mojave with origial longs on front and original standards on back, have rough country steps and can hear the stones hitting them after leaving out 800 foot stone driveway. I think it is a trade off between ripping off mud flaps easily when doing moderate offroading and damage to your truck, I’m happy with mine but could see xtra long ones on front. They don’t tell you what size to get, but give great photo comparison shots to see, I figured with only 33” standard width and long to protect back as far would be best bet, you should pick up a set of take off Rubicon, Willys, or Mojave rails rails they will protect a lot, and can be gotten cheap.......Jack

Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Definitely not their responsibility, but some companies have great customer service that goes above and beyond their responsibility and some companies don’t.
I think if you have rock sliders + XL original you’re probably fine, the area the scratches are in would have been protected by rubi rails.
Or side steps

DrJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Overland
Love mine, still hear a few dings off my side steps, but it protects so much better than any other options out there. Buyer's remorse sucks; if you're that concerned about a few scratches, maybe stay off the trails.
Sponsored