Sponsored

Rubicon 4:10 to 4:88 upgrade issues (Jeep DOESNT Cares Case #79708336)

JD101

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon , 2021 JLU
I am feeling the need to respond to the folks recommending a Tazer. I hear you and agree 100% this may ultimately be the solution. That said I would much rather install a Tazer to address bells and whistles I want vs. a bandaid for poor software quality control from Jeep.

I paid a premium (almost $1k) to have Mopar performance parts 4:88's installed vs. saving money and going to a local off-road shop and having Yukons installed. Along with that premium I do not expect to have these types of issues nor the need to purchase a 3rd party device to address something that should have already been done.

I also find it hard to believe I am the only manual rubicon on the planet that has gone with factory 4:88's. But, if I am great, then maybe keeping the pressure on them to resolve the issue will help someone else in the future.

Thank you all for the guidance, and I look forward to posting this issue has been resolved at some point in time.
Why not negotiate them supplying and installing a tazer for you in lieu of proper programming . I do agree the current situation is unacceptable .
Sponsored

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the metal used in the Mopar gears is different than the metal used in the Yukon gears and that has caused turbulence inside the differential which would directly affect the T-Case?
:LOL:

Have you at least tried the Battery Reset? I did not see an answer to that. If I missed it sorry.
If this was mine, I'd want to eliminate that, and being in IT, I can't list the number of times a reboot has resolved an issue on a computer, vs spending hours of time troubleshooting the software.

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Maybe the metal used in the Mopar gears is different than the metal used in the Yukon gears and that has caused turbulence inside the differential which would directly affect the T-Case?
:LOL:

Have you at least tried the Battery Reset? I did not see an answer to that. If I missed it sorry.
If this was mine, I'd want to eliminate that, and being in IT, I can't list the number of times a reboot has resolved an issue on a computer, vs spending hours of time troubleshooting the software.
I brought the battery disconnect up to the Dealership and they said they disconnect all batteries before the work. I also disconnected the batteries (primary and the little lawnmower one) and let it sit overnight. I did not push the brake pedal to drain any capacitors as someone shared a few posts ago so I may give that a try.
Sponsored