Sponsored

Rubicon 4:10 to 4:88 upgrade issues (Jeep DOESNT Cares Case #79708336)

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
Tick Tock, 17 days and counting. From what I can tell Jeep Cares has been little to no help at this point unless they are doing something on the back end that I dont see. Dealership is still waiting to hear back from district/regional Jeep person.

All I can say is good thing I love this damn thing and have been around long enough to know that getting cranked up wont solve anything. Looking forward to sharing updates as they come...if ever :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It's official.....@Jeepcares is not helpful at all.

Finally recieved a call back from Molly (case worker). Even w/ all the notes/info I provided she was unable to communicate a summary of the issue. I asked if she had an escalation process and was told that they do not have a process and her manager was a contact center manager and escalating to that person would be of no use.

From what I can tell in the last eleven days they have called the dealership one time to confirm my truck was w/ them.

She did state that the 4:88's are not applicable to the Rubicon which I think we all agree is false so when I asked her as to why the Mopar Performance Parts list clearly shows the Rubi 4:88's she said she would have to call the dealership again. I again reiterated that the dealership was waiting for confirmation back from @JeeP as it was a @JeeP employee that told them to hold the truck.

I asked when I should expect to have someone follow up with me and she stated she would call me back on Wednesday.

Wondering if we should start making bets as to whether or not I am going to have my truck back in time for my end of Sept Colorado archery elk hunt?

@JeepCares

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Finally recieved a call back from Molly (case worker). Even w/ all the notes/info I provided she was unable to communicate a summary of the issue. I asked if she had an escalation process and was told that they do not have a process and her manager was a contact center manager and escalating to that person would be of no use.

From what I can tell in the last eleven days they have called the dealership one time to confirm my truck was w/ them.

She did state that the 4:88's are not applicable to the Rubicon which I think we all agree is false so when I asked her as to why the Mopar Performance Parts list clearly shows the Rubi 4:88's she said she would have to call the dealership again. I again reiterated that the dealership was waiting for confirmation back from @JeeP as it was a @JeeP employee that told them to hold the truck.

I asked when I should expect to have someone follow up with me and she stated she would call me back on Wednesday.

Wondering if we should start making bets as to whether or not I am going to have my truck back in time for my end of Sept Colorado archery elk hunt?

@JeepCares
I just got a quote for 5.13 gear install in my 2020 Rubi from Adam’s Jeep in Churchville, MD. Over $3,100. A bit steep. I’m probably going with a local shop but here is a Jeep dealer quoting the “impossible work”. I’d run to another installer and get a taser to program.

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I just got a quote for 5.13 gear install in my 2020 Rubi from Adam’s Jeep in Churchville, MD. Over $3,100. A bit steep. I’m probably going with a local shop but here is a Jeep dealer quoting the “impossible work”. I’d run to another installer and get a taser to program.
Thanks bud. Good luck w/ your 5:13's

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Woot Woot...Dealership just called. An engineer from Jeep just called and told them to disregard everything the district/regional Jeep represented said and that he was "smoking crack". That said it is 100% a software issue and they need to wait for an updated patch.

Go forth re-gear and wheel on.

Last edited:

Sponsored

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
There are few things in life more frustrating than the people who should know something clearly having no clue... I've been designing around some pumps for work, and I found out the other day the manufacturer buys in the control boards. Days and weeks of trying to figure out why what they're telling me isn't working; it's because some jackass was just guessing. I am the customer; not your trainer!

(Also, hello from a former fellow resident of the smallest county in Texas!)

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor
Woot Woot...Dealership just called. An engineer from Jeep just called and told them to disregard everything the district/regional Jeep represented said and that he was "smoking crack". That said it is 100% a software issue and they need to wait for an updated patch.

Go forth re-gear and wheel on.
Had a feeling it was a software problem. Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

@JeepCares
We are saddened to hear you feel that Jeep Cares is unhelpful, Russler. If you have any questions regarding your case, we can certainly dig in further with you. Send a private message or reach out to your case manager for information.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
We are saddened to hear you feel that Jeep Cares is unhelpful, Russler. If you have any questions regarding your case, we can certainly dig in further with you. Send a private message or reach out to your case manager for information.

Kate
Jeep Cares
LOL.....Really?

My case number is clearly visible on this thread. If you really cared you would have someone proactively reach out to me vs. ask me to send a private message or contact the case manager that obviously was of no help to begin with. #customerservicefail

@JeepCares

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
LOL.....Really?

My case number is clearly visible on this thread. If you really cared you would have someone proactively reach out to me vs. ask me to send a private message or contact the case manager that obviously was of no help to begin with. #customerservicefail

@JeepCares
Hi, yes, it is clearly visible and I did take a look at it. However, I am unable to proactively message customers so if you want to discuss it's contents further, we ask that you reach out on your end. Thank you so much.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hi, yes, it is clearly visible and I did take a look at it. However, I am unable to proactively message customers so if you want to discuss it's contents further, we ask that you reach out on your end. Thank you so much.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Again, REALLY?

I get eight calls a day letting me know my car warranty is going to expire but even tho you have my consent and contact info you cant proactively make contact...laughable at best. I stand behind my statement and you have proven @JeepCares is not helpful at all. :computerrage::no:

No need to respond as I am done w/ @JeepCares and will await further guidance from my dealership.

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
21 days and counting.

@JeepCares called me back today to let me know they are waiting to hear back from the warranty dept before proceeding with the software upgrade. When asked why the warranty dept would be involved I was informed that it was because I put larger tires and wheels on my vehicle.

I asked why the larger tires and wheels would have anything to do with Mopar 4:88's and the subsequent software issue she stated that the larger tires and wheels are the problem so they are waiting to hear back from the warranty dept and had no further updates.

Long story short I asked again if she could escalate my case to someone that was more technical (I would have settled for someone that had driven a vehicle seen a vehicle out in the wild or even watched a Youtube video with vehicles in it) and was once again told they do not have an escalation process or path. Needless to say I asked to have my case closed and will work with my dealership to resolve the issue.

OP
OP
Russler

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
28 days and counting. Have not received an update in over a week and driving the heck out of the brand new Gladiator they gave me while they figure out how to resolve this issue. The old saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder" is soooooo true.....I miss my truck :crying:

usnavycdr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys Sport S, 99 WJ
Occupation
Psych RN
Bikini Offroad, my local Jeep shop in San Antonio does complete regearing all day long for $1750 which includes a follow up check and diff oil change after 500 miles. Sometimes they have a sale $100 off. And their labor rate is close to dealers at $120/hr.
Stealerships just steal your money and I guarantee they don’t do several gears a week. I’d trust Bikini with all my Jeep upgrades that I don’t do myself. Dealer gets oil change work.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Bikini Offroad, my local Jeep shop in San Antonio does complete regearing all day long for $1750 which includes a follow up check and diff oil change after 500 miles. Sometimes they have a sale $100 off. And their labor rate is close to dealers at $120/hr.
Stealerships just steal your money and I guarantee they don’t do several gears a week. I’d trust Bikini with all my Jeep upgrades that I don’t do myself. Dealer gets oil change work.
Agree dealers can be pricey and not as experienced. I just got a quote from Keystone 4x4 in Hamburg, PA for $600 for labor only. I bought my own Yukon 5.13 gears with setup kits. Just gotta find time to get this done. I’ll be at about $1800 on this install with gears, labor, fluid/supplies and I got 2 Dana modular iron diff covers too.
Sponsored