Sponsored

Rugged Ridge Armis hard trifold tonneau - prop rod clips broken

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubicon 3.6l
I tried reaching out to Rugged Ridge but no response. I can’t be the only person who has had one of these plastic clips break, and a new one could slide right in there. Does anyone know where to get them?
I’m talking about the little plastic clip that goes in the tonneau cover’s rail along the bed, where you clip the prop rod into to keep it out of the way.
Sponsored

vsayler

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
They sent me a new one. You can't pop them in, you have to slide them in, don't ask me how I know, but I was following the advice of the guy there I talked to....

OP
OP
First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubicon 3.6l
They sent me a new one. You can't pop them in, you have to slide them in, don't ask me how I know, but I was following the advice of the guy there I talked to....
Yeah there’s a little track. I spent most of my Saturday trying to slide different things in there to use instead. How did you get them to send you a new one? They aren’t responding to my emails.

Average Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Found this in a search (before calling). Got my cover in late 2021 and one of my clips broke this last weekend. I just called Rugged Ridge at (855) 466-1985 and had a free set of updated replacements on the way in 5 minutes. The gentlemen I spoke with was apologetic and helpful and indicated it has been a bigger problem than it should be, hence the updated design and free replacements. A+ for my experience with their customer service…now to see how the new clips do!

Average Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Got my replacements today and installed the broken side. The new design is a flexible rubber and bolts on. This should be a permanent solution 🤞 Props to Truck Hero and Rugged Ridge for the update and customer support. It would be a 5 minute install if not for opting to use Vibra-Tite on the bolt.

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Armis hard trifold tonneau - prop rod clips broken IMG_0197

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Armis hard trifold tonneau - prop rod clips broken IMG_0196

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge Armis hard trifold tonneau - prop rod clips broken 2023-09-13 20.16.20
Sponsored