Sponsored

Say goodnight, Gladys

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Is there ever any concern that they can blame damage on the suspension alteration? As in - if you didn't have the lift, the accident would not have totaled the vehicle?
Possibly if you were in an accident that only you were in and nothing else around could have caused it? Think driving down a street and suspension collapses catastrophically on 1 side and you freak out and hit a flamable object and your vehicle catches fire or something. Vehicle is totaled but it is possible the suspension is at fault? I dunno, just a random scenario I thought up lol.
Sponsored

Chetcpo

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2016 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
You were barely 3 months old and now, we must say goodbye to you. You will be missed.

14061B11-2A7C-4338-8E4B-6DC00555FA9C.jpeg

Got rear-ended by a new KL ... driver was impaired, doing at least 100mph in the right lane w/ cruise control engage. How do I know? He kept hitting me as I tried to pull off the highway.

JTR is likely totaled as the frame is hecka bent.
This would be a great truck to buy back from the insurance company and make a dedicated off road beast. You should call and ask what they'll take for it after they total it.

OP
OP
doc-ketamine

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Update for those following this thread:

At a dealer signing paper on a 2020 JTR leftover w/ 37 miles, Firecracker Red. She has 25/30 options I wanted and I’m okay with that. Buying the leftover makes the blow a little softer.

GEICO has not come back w/ a final number yet (or, in case it’s bad, a first number) but the work they’ve done shows me I won’t be upside down on the loan. How much of my down payment I’ll get back remains to be seen. I’m definitely doing a much smaller down this time and am buying the gap insurance.

Appreciate the support and insight on here.

Renoraines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Mojave
Occupation
Oil and gas.
Not sure if it’s been mentioned. Be very careful what you tell their insurance agents In case there is damage to you and you need to seek compensation. Their job Is to pay you as little as possible and if you have to lawyer up down the road you want to make his/her job as easy to get you $ as possible.

The pain from my accident was exponentially worse a month after than a week after. Pay attention to your body and make sure to get any pain checked.

If there was a car seat in the Vehichle make sure and have them pay to replace that as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
doc-ketamine

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Gladys has gone to the great junkyard in the sky. Tow came to pick her up yesterday, the lien is paid off, and GEICO got me the balance today. It took nearly 2 months, and I lost a chunk of my down payment, but I'm satisfied.

Time for more jeep parts for my red lady?

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer
Not sure if it’s been mentioned. Be very careful what you tell their insurance agents In case there is damage to you and you need to seek compensation. Their job Is to pay you as little as possible and if you have to lawyer up down the road you want to make his/her job as easy to get you $ as possible.

The pain from my accident was exponentially worse a month after than a week after. Pay attention to your body and make sure to get any pain checked.

If there was a car seat in the Vehichle make sure and have them pay to replace that as well.
I can personally 100% vouch for that. I got hit in what seemed like a minor accident. Stiff neck but seemed to get better. Then three weeks out my entire back seized up. Fortunately in my case three months of PT took care of things.
Sponsored