Sponsored

SCAM ALERT! Unsolicited messages/conversations asking you to email someone!

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
I bet I've scared off a few people on accident now that I read this OP lol. I live 10 minutes from a guy with 30+ Jeeps in his yard for parts and I link people to his Craigslist ad all the time. He is 100% legit but, oops. Haha.
Sponsored

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
Sadly, the bigger a site like this gets the larger target it becomes. When I helped admin on another popular forum it was dozens every day. Finally had to go to full manual approvals and IP checks. Disallowed proxies and sketchy VPNs, but a few would still slip through.
Remember the old adage. If it's too good to be true...
I think if they blocked out nigeria and a few other countries it would reduce the issue. I know that my WTB scams were foreign for sure.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Ordered a 2023 Mojave and new to the forum. Already starting buying parts in anticipation of my new JT. Posted in the marketplace section WTB Mopar under seat storage bin. “Yatek” responded he had one for sale. We exchanged PMs and he seemed legit. Against my better judgement I sent funds Paypal friends and family for $365. Turns out [email protected] is a scammer and got me. Yatek has since been banned. Beware of anyone going by James Kariuki in the future.
Why do people continue to send F&F on PayPal to people they don’t know? Biggest red flag there is on PP is people who insist on F&F payments.