Sponsored

SCAM ALERT! Unsolicited messages/conversations asking you to email someone!

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Warning to all:

Be wary of any unsolicited messages/conversations you may receive asking you to email someone who has a part for sale. This has become a common scam tactic here and on other forums.

This is commonly how such emails will look. If you should receive such a message, please report it immediately (using the "REPORT" link at the bottom of the message.

robert65-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I’ve been getting a tons of these requests on a WTB post. Easy to spot now, and doing a search for the email addresses will bring up the same posts on other forums

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
One of the ways we help curb this on a forum I moderate is to limit posting in For Sale/WTB forums to people with at least 50 posts. Another way is to only allow the OP to post in their thread (all others would have to use PM). Neither of these eliminate the thief, but they reduce their effectiveness significantly.

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport
Got one today.
Jeep Gladiator SCAM ALERT! Unsolicited messages/conversations asking you to email someone! Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 8.00.26 AM

tjopilot

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I received one from Kyle72 today with the same Tasha email address. Watch out for this! They were after my WTB thread.

Sponsored

lepcat

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport
I received one from Kyle72 today with the same Tasha email address. Watch out for this! They were after my WTB thread.
Mine was the WTB thread as well.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Like everything else these days, the scammers ruin it for the rest of the honest buyers and sellers. :(

DesertRated

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Ordered a 2023 Mojave and new to the forum. Already starting buying parts in anticipation of my new JT. Posted in the marketplace section WTB Mopar under seat storage bin. “Yatek” responded he had one for sale. We exchanged PMs and he seemed legit. Against my better judgement I sent funds Paypal friends and family for $365. Turns out [email protected] is a scammer and got me. Yatek has since been banned. Beware of anyone going by James Kariuki in the future.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Always check into a person’s forum posts. What they post, how they interact, how long they’ve been here and how many posts they have. Your mileage may vary.

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Sadly, the bigger a site like this gets the larger target it becomes. When I helped admin on another popular forum it was dozens every day. Finally had to go to full manual approvals and IP checks. Disallowed proxies and sketchy VPNs, but a few would still slip through.
Remember the old adage. If it's too good to be true...

4-Play

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
Always check into a person’s forum posts. What they post, how they interact, how long they’ve been here and how many posts they have. Your mileage may vary.
Tax, tag and title not included. Side effects may vary. Check with your Dr. to see if JT’s are right for you.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Ordered a 2023 Mojave and new to the forum. Already starting buying parts in anticipation of my new JT. Posted in the marketplace section WTB Mopar under seat storage bin. “Yatek” responded he had one for sale. We exchanged PMs and he seemed legit. Against my better judgement I sent funds Paypal friends and family for $365. Turns out [email protected] is a scammer and got me. Yatek has since been banned. Beware of anyone going by James Kariuki in the future.
Don't worry, he won't be going by that next time.

Advntrbound

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Never ever send funds "friends and family"! Unless it's actually friends and family. Otherwise you aren't protected in case of a scam. Even then use a credit card. Not a bank account.

Gladiator832

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2013 Ram Sport
Occupation
Plant Manager
Jeep Gladiator SCAM ALERT! Unsolicited messages/conversations asking you to email someone! 01C8F656-F272-4C3D-A266-2F97C9A6E3F0

[/QUOTE]

This guy had the very first Gladiator ever built!
Sponsored