Scammers in Marketplace

OP
OP

Pilsner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 21 JTR
Uh, there are 1.5 million users still using AOL email and accounts. That's PAID plans. You can still cancel the paid plan and use the free plan and keep your email address. I know a guy - used to be my boss at CCC, who still uses his AOL email account (the free version) so if you take that 1.5 million paid subscribers and add to that all of the free, it's likely over 2 million.
Yahoo is still a very major player out there as well.
10 years ago there were 24 million AOL email users.

I had to look as I couldn't believe how many there still are - and in looking, I found this -

On March 16, 2017, Verizon, which had acquired AOL in 2015, announced that it would discontinue its in-house email services for internet subscribers, and migrate all customers to AOL Mail.

And, it's not just grandma!

1689629293316.png

Can't believe there are people still using that. I'm old enough to have been a part of the early dial up days and later the AOL discs they shipped all the time in the metal cases.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Can't believe there are people still using that. I'm old enough to have been a part of the early dial up days and later the AOL discs they shipped all the time in the metal cases.
If you ran those disks through a CD "Shredder" (which didn't really shred it, it put a nifty cross-hatch pattern on both sides) they made great coasters for under your beer. They sparkled and shined.
My former boss I mentioned was actually one of the AOL beta testers so he got free life-time use of AOL. For the rest of his life it wouldn't cost him a dime according to the papers he had. He said he was one of only a couple of dozen in the initial testing. But then he was an IT guy, programmer, and so on.

insanitize

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Commando, 07 Rubi JKU, 2024 MINI, 21 Gladiator+
Occupation
NYC-DOT, Retired
I must admit that I currently still have an AOL email address. I use it only for political surveys/pols and certain things that require an email address that I don't really care about.
Surprisingly of all my email addresses that one gets the least spam.

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
He's gonna burn an account that old for this? I'm sure it was stolen from some old guy. Should have sent back A/S/L to see for sure if it was his. lol
I feel insulted, (and old). Iā€™ve had only AOL e-mail for over 25 years. You younger whipper snappers are spoiled, with all the choices you have nowadays. Before AOL, us ā€œold folksā€ had to tie a note to a rock, and hope we could throw it far enough to get to the recipient.

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
If you want moderator attention just post something political and theyā€™ll jump all over it.:LOL:
Sponsored