George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Yes. That is all. Now delete this before my girlfriend sees it šŸ˜‚
Dude, deleting that pic would be like breaking a stain glass window. Are you a heathen? Cause thatā€™s what heathens do. Dont be a heathen!

Jeep Gladiator @ShadowsPapa 1637776343927
Sponsored

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Man Iā€™m thinking of replacing my wenchā€¦ is there one that will make me happy?
not likely, but if you find one, let us all know where we can purchase, lol

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You still have hair?!
As long as you don't look in the bright sunlight............ going topless on the Jeep means I have to wear a hat. But my grandfather, who was bald by the time he was 30, said you can't grow two crops in the same field (think about that one LOL)

@ShadowsPapa

whats your thoughts on fuel injector cleaning? Necessary to have the dealer address it or worth it to just run some cleaner through every now and then?
I've run cleaner through the 4.0 in my SX4 now and then. I pulled them to put later 4 hole injectors in and they seemed pretty clean for 133,000 miles. Big mistake - those Bosch 4 hole injectors were supposedly cleaned and checked - and my 4.0 doesn't run as well as it did with the original single hole injectors with mega-miles on them. I'm thinking of putting the originals back in.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator

Sponsored

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
My wife came back from her quilt retreat totally sick with a bad head cold and aching all over. I figured she wouldn't want much to eat for lunch. I went to town this AM to mail out a couple of finished restorations and buy her some root beer - and got back and she was totally pissed I didn't bring back Chinese lunch for her.
Oh, well - at least she was too tired and worn out to be really mad for very long.

On Jeeps - after dealing with getting in and out of mine a few months and comparing prices, she stuck with a new Grand Cherokee - but when Spencer asked me what her top three color choices were while he was looking into things - I replied back -
1. Purple
2. Purple
3. Purple
She even offered to pay more for purple - but then I told her what a repaint would cost and got a "never mind".

I tried to explain that a Wrangler Sahara wouldn't necessarily sit as high as my JT Overland (with a 3/4-1" boost) but then the several thousand dollar price difference hit her, too. The Grand Cherokee is a bargin and comes loaded with everything she'd ever want just as it sits.
But she still wanted purple.

When we were looking into buying a Gladiator for me - she told the sales guy she'd write him a check right there if he'd get it in purple.......... sorry, can't do.
She still points out any purple Jeep we see and says "I wish mine was purple".
Hope sheā€™s feeling better. Iā€™ve had four Grand Cherokees and still have one. Not a Gladiator or Wrangler, but thereā€™s a reason they sell a couple hundred thousand a year. And the new one is an improvement in my book.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Hope sheā€™s feeling better. Iā€™ve had four Grand Cherokees and still have one. Not a Gladiator or Wrangler, but thereā€™s a reason they sell a couple hundred thousand a year. And the new one is an improvement in my book.
Thanks, she's feeling much better -but she passed the baton to ME.

It's impacted me harder and lasted longer but I HOPE to finally be back out to my shop tomorrow.

She loves her Grand Cherokees. I have not looked at the NEW new version of the 2021 - she bought her new Grand Cherokee in October of 2020 as a 2021 model year. They did make some changes over the 2018, minor differences to the radio and center of the dash, some other stuff. She's grown to really like the color as well - the slate blue - really looks sharp when cleaned up.

We've never been disappointed with Jeeps, and especially the Grand Cherokee line. We've had every version since the ZJ.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, she's feeling much better -but she passed the baton to ME.

It's impacted me harder and lasted longer but I HOPE to finally be back out to my shop tomorrow.

She loves her Grand Cherokees. I have not looked at the NEW new version of the 2021 - she bought her new Grand Cherokee in October of 2020 as a 2021 model year. They did make some changes over the 2018, minor differences to the radio and center of the dash, some other stuff. She's grown to really like the color as well - the slate blue - really looks sharp when cleaned up.

We've never been disappointed with Jeeps, and especially the Grand Cherokee line. We've had every version since the ZJ.
While I really like to 2022. I will have a difficult time giving up my 2017 GC Trailhawk. Thereā€™s a lot to like about the current ones.