OP

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
@Offroadnewbie, does that weekend work? It was the only one I could pull off in May, and it’s on my calendar. Should be a great time. There are some great options for shakedown trails that even stock rigs can handle. I’m looking forward to it. I may go regardless. I can’t turn down my wife’s signed permission slip. :)
That’s the one weekend I can’t go in May. My girlfriend bought tickets to see Patton Oswalt for Christmas for a February show, but it got rescheduled to May 14th due to Covid-19. I could get up there Thursday night for a day out Friday then leave sometime early Saturday morning at best.

I would still get to use the tent at least and hit a trail or two
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That’s the one weekend I can’t go in May. My girlfriend bought tickets to see Patton Oswalt for Christmas for a February show, but it got rescheduled to May 14th due to Covid-19. I could get up there Thursday night for a day out Friday then leave sometime early Saturday morning at best.

I would still get to use the tent at least and hit a trail or two
He’s funny. It’s the only weekend I can do in May. Other stuff planned the other weekends, and a little work stuff. I can be there Thursday for sure to wheel on Friday. Remind me of your now upgraded Willy’s setup. And do you have a trail in mind you want to do, or are you looking for suggestions? It’s your trip idea.

@FitfulGoat, I’ll still stay through Saturday night or Sunday if you’re still in as well.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
He’s funny. It’s the only weekend I can do in May. Other stuff planned the other weekends, and a little work stuff. I can be there Thursday for sure to wheel on Friday. Remind me of your now upgraded Willy’s setup. And do you have a trail in mind you want to do, or are you looking for suggestions? It’s your trip idea.

@FitfulGoat, I’ll still stay through Saturday night or Sunday if you’re still in as well.
I’m still looking good that weekend. I’d likely join Friday instead of Thursday but I may be able to do all 4 days.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still looking good that weekend. I’d likely join Friday instead of Thursday but I may be able to do all 4 days.
I won’t get there until late afternoon or early evening on Thursday, but can definitely do trails Friday and Saturday. I might be convinced to stay Sunday as well and drive home that night. I love Moab.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operations Leadership
I won’t get there until late afternoon or early evening on Thursday, but can definitely do trails Friday and Saturday. I might be convinced to stay Sunday as well and drive home that night. I love Moab.
I’m committed to Friday and Saturday for wheeling. This will actually be a first for me in Moab with the JT. Any concerns with a Rubicon on 35’s? I’ve not yet invested in a lift outside of a leveling kit. I’ve done several of the trails on the alpine loop with no issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Just got the seal of approval from my girlfriend on getting back to Denver by 1-2pm that Saturday. I may take the entire day off on the 12th and get there early and explore around the town and get situated. Otherwise I’ll be there mid to late evening.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’m committed to Friday and Saturday for wheeling. This will actually be a first for me in Moab with the JT. Any concerns with a Rubicon on 35’s? I’ve not yet invested in a lift outside of a leveling kit. I’ve done several of the trails on the alpine loop with no issues.
Not on the ones I’ve been on. I did poison spider with a bone stock rubicon on the stock falken 33’s. I was with people on hells revenge on stock rigs that also did fine. It’s easier than poison spider. I’ve heard fins and things is very fun and a great Moab intro. I’d be up for that, top of the world, etc. For a shake down run I think some of the more complicated stuff we can skip. :) I’d recommend a hitch skid if you don’t have one, but that’s cheap. I love my warfab sheridan. The only damage I did with mine on 33’s was I bent the hitch chain rings a little. The skid fixes that completely.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the seal of approval from my girlfriend on getting back to Denver by 1-2pm that Saturday. I may take the entire day off on the 12th and get there early and explore around the town and get situated. Otherwise I’ll be there mid to late evening.
Nice. I’ll get there as early as I can and we can find a good campsite.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Not on the ones I’ve been on. I did poison spider with a bone stock rubicon on the stock falken 33’s. I was with people on hells revenge on stock rigs that also did fine. It’s easier than poison spider. I’ve heard fins and things is very fun and a great Moab intro. I’d be up for that, top of the world, etc. For a shake down run I think some of the more complicated stuff we can skip. :) I’d recommend a hitch skid if you don’t have one, but that’s cheap. I love my warfab sheridan. The only damage I did with mine on 33’s was I bent the hitch chain rings a little. The skid fixes that completely.
My chain ring fins have seen better days already 😂👍
Sponsored