Sponsored

Shock length for “tweener” amount of lift

TTU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Willys
I recently raised my front end with two inch synergy springs. The overall lift amount after settling seems to be inbetween 2 inches and 1.5 inches. When looking at Bilstien shocks there is a 0-1.5 inch lift option and a 2-3 inch lift option. Is it better to go with the 2-3 option which could be considered one step up?
Sponsored

outdoor.adventures

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
On flat ground, measure the distance center to center of the top to bottom bolts of your current shocks. Then go find the length specs of the Bilsteins - compressed length and extended length. You’ll want to pick the shocks where the middle value between compressed and extended length is closest to the value you measured on your jeep currently.
As an example of what I mean:
Current flat ground shock measurement: 22”
Bilstein 0-1.5” lengths: 15.75” compressed, 24.73” extended, halfway value would be 20.24
2-3” lengths: 17.07” compressed, 26.88” extended, halfway 21.975”

I’d pick the latter because the halfway distance if my flat ground measurement was 22”, which represents the ride height length of the shock.

OP
OP
TTU03

TTU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Willys
On flat ground, measure the distance center to center of the top to bottom bolts of your current shocks. Then go find the length specs of the Bilsteins - compressed length and extended length. You’ll want to pick the shocks where the middle value between compressed and extended length is closest to the value you measured on your jeep currently.
As an example of what I mean:
Current flat ground shock measurement: 22”
Bilstein 0-1.5” lengths: 15.75” compressed, 24.73” extended, halfway value would be 20.24
2-3” lengths: 17.07” compressed, 26.88” extended, halfway 21.975”

I’d pick the latter because the halfway distance if my flat ground measurement was 22”, which represents the ride height length of the shock.
Good info thanks. I measure at 21.5 which is closest to the 2-3 middle measurement.
Sponsored