First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager
My 2021 Gladiator is a Sport S, 7" screen, doesn't have the connected features or anything like that. I downloaded the Jeep app to my phone, put the VIN number in, and my Jeep was added to my Garage so I could see the recalls, record my maintenance, ect....

I tried to add my Wife's Jeep to my app tonight so I could record her maintenance. She's got a 2020 Rubicon with the 8.4" screen and premium sound system. I figured it had to HD Radio and all that, but I've never activated it or don't anything with it, we just use CarPlay.

When I tried to add her Jeep, I got an error on my phone in the App that the Jeep was found, but couldn't be added and I had to call an agent. When I called the number it was Sirius XM Customer service. I spoke to someone and they had to send me a link to verify ownership of the Jeep, but I was out of the house and said I'd have to do it later.

Started thinking about it after the fact- Is this a paid/subscription service for the Sirius XM Guardian service, and do I actually have to subscribe to it to add the Jeep to my garage to see recall and maintenance information. If it is a paid service, how much is it, and what all else does it do? Anyone have a link that goes over the service with details? The app didn't say anything about it being Sirius XM, just that the Vehicle cannot be added to my account and to call an agent.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer should have asked for an email address and setup an account at the time of purchase for any vehicle with the 8.4 Uconnect. The vehicle should have come with a one year trial subscription to the SiriusXM Guardian Service, which is required to access the remote functions.

You should be able to access the account the vehicle is already part of, and provide permission for it to be viewed on the account with your truck.

The SiriusXM Guardian Service and SiriusXM Music Service are two separate subscriptions that are not connected or related.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer should have asked for an email address and setup an account at the time of purchase for any vehicle with the 8.4 Uconnect. The vehicle should have come with a one year trial subscription to the SiriusXM Guardian Service, which is required to access the remote functions.

You should be able to access the account the vehicle is already part of, and provide permission for it to be viewed on the account with your truck.

The SiriusXM Guardian Service and SiriusXM Music Service are two separate subscriptions that are not connected or related.
I am not able to add my wife's Wrangler to "my garage" or access any parts of it in any way. I'm not listed as the primary owner although I'm on the title as "or", and it was initially set up at the dealership with her phone. I have no access to it.
Apparently they keep things pretty strict and tight to ensure you can't add anything that isn't legally your own. (even if it really is)

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am not able to add my wife's Wrangler to "my garage" or access any parts of it in any way. I'm not listed as the primary owner although I'm on the title as "or", and it was initially set up at the dealership with her phone. I have no access to it.
Apparently they keep things pretty strict and tight to ensure you can't add anything that isn't legally your own. (even if it really is)
Login to your wife's Mopar Account. Go to the Permissions section on the Account page. Add yourself as a Driver on the account. Then you can add her vehicle to your account as a Non-Owner and view the vehicle information.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Login to your wife's Mopar Account. Go to the Permissions section on the Account page. Add yourself as a Driver on the account. Then you can add her vehicle to your account as a Non-Owner and view the vehicle information.
She's so absolutely horrible about logging into anything passwords and so on, I bet she has no clue how to even get into it.
As always, I bet I have to take her through the "reset password" steps LOL. She's always asking me "how do I log into.........." and I have to say - what's your ID and password. She can't remember either, so we always start over.
Will have to see if we can get into it.

Sponsored

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
I just let my XM subscription expire, Sirius is relentless at trying to get me to sign up for more, but now I find out I can't add the truck to the app without them?

They already know I own the vehicle, they are an omnipresent force in my life. Calls. Mailings. Emails. I think one of their call center reps has moved into my attic.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just let my XM subscription expire, Sirius is relentless at trying to get me to sign up for more, but now I find out I can't add the truck to the app without them?

They already know I own the vehicle, they are an omnipresent force in my life. Calls. Mailings. Emails. I think one of their call center reps has moved into my attic.
The SiriusXM Guardian Service is required to access the remote functions through the phone app. It is a separate subscription that is not related to or connected with the SiriusXM Music Service.

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
The SiriusXM Guardian Service is required to access the remote functions through the phone app. It is a separate subscription that is not related to or connected with the SiriusXM Music Service.
Yeah, I don't care about that, I just want to use the Jeep app to make service appointments, monitor recalls, etc. I'm old, I don't understand wanting my phone to control my car.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I don't care about that, I just want to use the Jeep app to make service appointments, monitor recalls, etc. I'm old, I don't understand wanting my phone to control my car.
It's not for controlling the car with the phone. It turns the phone into a long distance FOB. I use it all the time to remote start so the temperature in the cab is bearable by the time I get to the truck. I also use it if I'm in my bathrobe and need something out of the truck, as the FOB is upstairs in my pants pocket.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You have to use the owner account that the dealer setup when the vehicle was purchased. You cannot just create another account and add the vehicle to the app if it has the remote functions, even if the subscription has expired.
Sponsored