Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
This has been a slow build, but I'm taking my time and trying to add functional items as I go and spend more of my time enjoying the Jeep. I continue to be amazed at just how capable these Gladiators are right off the showroom floor with minimal upgrades and modifications. I'm building this Jeep to use for overlanding in my home state of Arkansas as well as to take on road trips out west and to other regions of the United States to enjoy trails and camping.

Some funny/interesting history of my past vehicles. I have always been a die hard Toyota guy (except my first truck which was a Jeep J-Series truck lol), but lets be honest like most I always had this deep down dirty jealously towards Jeep owners who could out wheel most other rigs with minimal mods and also remove their top and doors!
So in spring of 2022 unknown to me my life would change forever! My wife had a VW Beetle as a second car that she really enjoyed, but with two toddlers it was not practical for us because there was no chance of fitting two car seats in the back seat. So she finds a 2 door JK and sells her Beetle and buys the Jeep. At the time I was driving a Tundra and laughed it off thinking that I would never be caught dead in a Jeep. Then we decided to take the doors off one weekend and go on an adventure through the national forest and the rest is history! I fell in love and I knew my life had been changed forever!
After having the 2 door JK for a month we realized it was still a pain trying to get two car seats in the back seat of this thing, so we sold the 2 door for a 4 door JKU. I then began to realize that my Tundra had set in the garage for 2 months and not moved, but I was very hesitant to not have a truck for hauling and moving things. So my wife had this crazy thought of selling the JKU and buying a Gladiator which seemed to be the best of both worlds. As we debated on this for a few weeks it just so happened one of her previous coworkers had a 2021 Gladiator Mojave in Sting Gray he was selling. My wife was on board so I jumped at the chance to buy this dream truck, so we sold the JKU and Tundra and bought the Gladiator.
Just for enjoyment below is a picture of the Jeep J-Series truck and my FJ40 Land Cruiser I drove long ago!

Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 Jeep Truck_Original
Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 FJ40_Original

And a picture of the day I brought the Gladiator home!
Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 IMG_2707

I will go into more details on the following post about what my plans are for the Gladiator and what has been done so far to the Gladiator!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeeper479

Jeeper479

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
My plan was to build this Gladiator to be used for overlanding but also to be able to do some wheeling with it.

Current Mods:
Mojave suspension
Toyo R/T Open Country 35x12.5 Tires
EVO Bed rack
Roam Vagabond RTT with Annex
Aftermarket front bumper with 12k Badlands winch

Future Mods:
Amber fog lights
Ditch lights
Rock sliders
Swaybar disconnects
Maybe some type of leveling kit

Added the bed rack and roof top tent
Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 IMG_3809

Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 IMG_2736

Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 IMG_2770

Then I installed some 35x12.5 Toyo Open Country R/T. I think this trucks look perfect with the 35's on it!
Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 IMG_3212

Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 IMG_0193

OP
OP
Jeeper479

Jeeper479

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
My next order of business was to go out and enjoy it! We spend the weekend running some trails in Arkansas and found an awesome campground beside a creek to spend the night!

One thing about this Mojave that still blows my mind is just have smooth the ride is off road. My previous Jeeps have been much smoother off road then the Toyotas, but this Mojave's ride quality is on a whole different level. But I guess that's one of the reason for the premium price tag!
Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 IMG_3743

Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 IMG_3687

Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 dji_fly_20230128_150124_14_1674951318432_photo_optimized

OP
OP
Jeeper479

Jeeper479

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
We recently went to the Hot Springs Offroad park and got to run 3 Badge of Honor Trails and do some camping also! If you have never been to this park I would highly recommend it! Lots of trails for all different skill levels and its just a blast!

The Badge of honor trails were Snake, Fun Run, and Rubicon Ridge. The trails were a blast, but there were only a few spots that seemed to challenge the Gladiator!

Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 IMG_2451

Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 IMG_2452

Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 IMG_2453

Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 IMG_2455

Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 IMG_2456

Sponsored

Marman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Majove
Occupation
I make cardboard boxes
Great park... 1st time there I was with the Little Rock Crawlers and in a Ranger on 33's. This was when it was Superlift park (early 2000s) and we helped build trails with the park. I try to get back as much as possible. Glad to here the Gladiator did well on the BOH trails. I have only ran them in JK and JL. Looking forward to next trip down now with the JT.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
You've got a good start. My first overland build on my JTRD didn't work for me (up to 100 days off road a year more or less) so I just redid everything with the new 4 Wheel Pop Up Camper Project M. Finishing up the inside getting it ready for 9 days in Moab over the EJS beginning the 31st. You can see it at the Midland Radio display at the vendor show in Moab on Thursday and Friday, maybe buy a new GMRS radio at the same time ;)
Jeep Gladiator Slow Sting Gray Overlanding Build - Jeeper479479 PM Desertt Rays_inPixio
Sponsored