First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Just stumbled on this thread by accident, wish I would have sooner.
I’m up in 29 Palms so if any of you folks are in the Morongo Basin area and put something together let me know please. I know it’s fixing to get hot but may be able to squeeze in another run or two.
Funny story, last weekend I canceled my RSVP with the SCORCH group two day excursion down at Borrego Springs and Anza Borrego because there were 42 people signed up to go and I knew that was just too damn many to make it over the top enjoyable. So instead I RSVP with NOTARUBICON doing a F COVID tour that started east of 29 Palms and ended down in the Indio/Coachella area. Show up Saturday morning and there’s 71, yes 71, freaking vehicles!😂
Was still a good time!

Still haven’t bought my Gladiator yet but I do have a 2011 Sahara Unlimited that I enjoy getting dusty. Any of y’all that are in the area and out exploring post up if you wouldn’t mind an old beat down Marine tagging along. Doesn’t take me long to strap a cooler down in the back seat and be ready to go. Everything else stays in the vehicle all of the time in case I decide to just leave the pavement on a whim.
Sponsored

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Hiace 4wd, 2007 Toyota Avalon, 2010 Ram Power Wagon, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Lexus GS350F
I am in the middle of doing the Mojave Trail so I can't make it.

D10S86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge gladiator, x3
Occupation
Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I think there’s one main page on FB but would be best to also post here as some of us may have deleted FB around the time we got married 😅

Sponsored

Morphling

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Galdiator Diesel
New Galdiator owner. White, JT Diesel Rubicon. Live by Camp Pendleton (San Diego).

Would love to get out and off the road. Nothing crazy.

Have a winch and some sliders but otherwise stock Rubi.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
New Galdiator owner. White, JT Diesel Rubicon. Live by Camp Pendleton (San Diego).

Would love to get out and off the road. Nothing crazy.

Have a winch and some sliders but otherwise stock Rubi.
Well, is this a thing or not?
I haven't been checking this thread at all until now. I would certainly like to meet up with other Jeepers in SoCal. So far I have been out to Borrego a few times just to get used to all the new bits and bobs on the new Jeeps. My last Jeep is an XJ I built up with the usual stuff running 35's. my old crew kinda petered out, but we did LOTS of local trails. Coral canyon, Sidewinder etc, Big Bear, Johnson Valley. Actually, the reason I left was ALL they did anymore was Johnson Valley. Every inch gets a little tedious after awhile as the trails get harder, and the cost gets higher and higher. It's seriously an addiction. But this build will be far less crazy. I guess after all of that it stands to reason I think I need 37's, but I'm only doing 2.5" of lift. I would like to be able to tow a small trailer to park somewhere for my wife and me and our dog to be comfortable then go explore. My wife has a serious travel bug and we love getting out. So there it is. We plan to start hitting the trails again in the fall. I really want to do some Moab trails. If anyone else out there is in a similar boat let us know. We would love to have some company ;)

jeepmojave

First Name
Keyloh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Mojave
Well, is this a thing or not?
I haven't been checking this thread at all until now. I would certainly like to meet up with other Jeepers in SoCal. So far I have been out to Borrego a few times just to get used to all the new bits and bobs on the new Jeeps. My last Jeep is an XJ I built up with the usual stuff running 35's. my old crew kinda petered out, but we did LOTS of local trails. Coral canyon, Sidewinder etc, Big Bear, Johnson Valley. Actually, the reason I left was ALL they did anymore was Johnson Valley. Every inch gets a little tedious after awhile as the trails get harder, and the cost gets higher and higher. It's seriously an addiction. But this build will be far less crazy. I guess after all of that it stands to reason I think I need 37's, but I'm only doing 2.5" of lift. I would like to be able to tow a small trailer to park somewhere for my wife and me and our dog to be comfortable then go explore. My wife has a serious travel bug and we love getting out. So there it is. We plan to start hitting the trails again in the fall. I really want to do some Moab trails. If anyone else out there is in a similar boat let us know. We would love to have some company ;)
Facebook Link to Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1706074639549049/?ref=share

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I guess that means no?
Zuckerburg can *^&%^%$#. I have never been there and never ever going there. Not sure why anyone in their right mind would.
Yep, no facefuk for me for a bunch of reasons but let’s not get started on that. They are set to private so I guess we won’t be knowing about upcoming events. Sad. Especially with this being a regional thread for just such events.
This forum is open and everyone is welcome. Facefuk not so much.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Yep, no facefuk for me for a bunch of reasons but let’s not get started on that. They are set to private so I guess we won’t be knowing about upcoming events. Sad. Especially with this being a regional thread for just such events.
This forum is open and everyone is welcome. Facefuk not so much.
Well, who needs them? I will post up my plans here. Going to Moab in around September time frame. No plan yet for trails, but my basic plan is haul a TT for base camp and spend a few days exploring.

SF_E60

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2010 BMW M5, 2023 Tesla M3
Occupation
Software Engineer
Well, who needs them? I will post up my plans here. Going to Moab in around September time frame. No plan yet for trails, but my basic plan is haul a TT for base camp and spend a few days exploring.
Snap thats around the same time I'm planning to do 2-3 state trip. Trying to do Utah, Arizona and Colorado.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Snap thats around the same time I'm planning to do 2-3 state trip. Trying to do Utah, Arizona and Colorado.
We will try to go to Bryce Canyon for some sights then head north. Maybe make it into Idaho or Wyoming. Nothing concrete yet.

Edit: Looks like we have to push out to Oct now. Wife's schedule. We are going to try to do the "mighty five" lol. So, Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef and Arches. A few days around Moab, probably Hell's Revenge etc. then perhaps Bridges. I guess that is 5 lol.

Last edited:

MojaveDesert

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I’m in for desert run or trail.... even for a meet up In LA area ....I’m in San Fernando Valley- 🤠👍
Sponsored