soft top question / issue - bungee strap

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
has anyone else had their bungee straps go flying while you riding down the road? I've lost both of mine now and need to replace or upgrade. does anyone know the p/n by chance, been searching and no dice so far. any better solutions out there?
Sponsored

OP
OP

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
no help???

these are the little bungees that come in the soft top kit, they snap above the back window and loop around the latch hook.

like this.

Jeep Gladiator soft top question / issue - bungee strap 1589818092427

think a Wrangler is the same? mine were so tight it put too much pressure on the snap and they would either pop my hand or fly off.

need to figure something out, I feel like the wind is beating on the roof any it's folded back.

Whitepanther

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
What latch hook are you referring to?

OP
OP

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
the soft top latch, wish I had an actual picture of them installed.

OP
OP

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
SUPER REDNECK photo editing!!!

they work like this, come with the velcro straps for the frame and 2 bungee straps for the fabric.

Jeep Gladiator soft top question / issue - bungee strap 1589819390821

Sponsored

Whitepanther

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
from what I recently saw in another post, you roll up the rear window, wrap the bungee around and snap it in. Although when I've tried it's a pain to roll the window without kinking it

OP
OP

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
I don't think it's possible to our back window up and I wouldn't personally because of scratches. plus, they are a continuous loop and not long enough to replicate on the back glass like a Wrangler.

maybe I'm using them wrong, but I flatten out the folds in the top (inside the truck) and loop them around the latch. keeps the fabric from flapping and the big fold on the bottom from catching so much wind.

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I would love to know what those snaps are for. They look like the Wrangler loops used to hold the window on my JK. But...the JT back window does not roleup at all. The top, side and bottom are all too stiff to allow you to roll it up.

I just lay it on the floor of the back. I am not putting the Top down with more than 2 people in it anyway. Back seat convertible riding is not fun at highway speeds.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit

Sponsored

Whitepanther

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
So what, you roll the window up, slide the loops over it, and snap it in place?
It appears that was the intent, similar to wranglers, but wasn't fully thought through with the new style of window. Someone posted in another thread a video by Mopar but the video was removed.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think it's possible to our back window up and I wouldn't personally because of scratches. plus, they are a continuous loop and not long enough to replicate on the back glass like a Wrangler.

maybe I'm using them wrong, but I flatten out the folds in the top (inside the truck) and loop them around the latch. keeps the fabric from flapping and the big fold on the bottom from catching so much wind.
They are indeed for rolling the rear window, @Quadratec shows how in this video:

OP
OP

JRW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator
no offense, but that's dumb... why would you remove the window, roll it up and then wrestle it through 2 bungee holes. THEN snap it to the roof to flop in the wind???

I stick with my method, but I've lost mine so don't listen to me...

anybody got a p/n by chance or do I need to go test drive one? :)

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
no help???

these are the little bungees that come in the soft top kit, they snap above the back window and loop around the latch hook.

like this.

Jeep Gladiator soft top question / issue - bungee strap Screenshot_20200518-123151~2

think a Wrangler is the same? mine were so tight it put too much pressure on the snap and they would either pop my hand or fly off.

need to figure something out, I feel like the wind is beating on the roof any it's folded back.
@JeepCares can you guys ask Engineering what the intended purpose of these elastic loops is? It seems odd that they'd be for rolling up the rear window since the manual specifically states the rear window and corner panels should be either all in or all out:
Jeep Gladiator soft top question / issue - bungee strap 2020-05-19 09_13_33-20_JT_OM_EN_USC_t
Sponsored