Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
If you had a choice:
Skyjacker 3.5" Dual Rate-Long Travel System with 2" Rear Coils and Black MAX Shocks - G351KBLT $1000
or
Rought Country
3.5in Jeep Suspension Lift Kit 2020 Gladiator $450

Springs.png

Spacers.png
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
IMO... spacers are a quick fix to get a lift... ie what I did with mine... springs are the best choice... cost more but totally worth it.... I only did spacers due to me saving up on the lift I’m going to get.

JTJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
begin with the end in mind. I wanted 37’s for now and wheel I plan not to keep so I spent my money one the wheels and tires. 2.5 skyjacker spacer lift with shock extensions” I have a rubicon” Tazer JL and just got a Rock Krawler track bar. Only loss will be the spacers when I do coil overs and I can piece the control arms and that together as I go. Thats my recipe so far.

JTJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
begin with the end in mind. I wanted 37’s for now and wheel I plan not to keep so I spent my money one the wheels and tires. 2.5 skyjacker spacer lift with shock extensions” I have a rubicon” Tazer JL and just got a Rock Krawler track bar. Only loss will be the spacers when I do coil overs and I can piece the control arms and that together as I go. Thats my recipe so far.
“Wheels I plan to keep”

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
In my opinion, aftermarket coils will rarely be as good (quality and spring rate) as the factory coils. Plus, most aftermarket companies do not publish spring rates on their coils so you have no idea how your ride, load carrying, and towing will change. Spacers are the way to go.

Advantages to spacers:

-You know EXACTLY how much lift you'll get
-Less expensive
-Maintains factory performance
-Often the small spacers are stackable so you can taylor the stance to your liking easily

Sponsored

JTJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
In my opinion, aftermarket coils will rarely be as good (quality and spring rate) as the factory coils. Plus, most aftermarket companies do not publish spring rates on their coils so you have no idea how your ride, load carrying, and towing will change. Spacers are the way to go.

Advantages to spacers:

-You know EXACTLY how much lift you'll get
-Less expensive
-Maintains factory performance
-Often the small spacers are stackable so you can taylor the stance to your liking easily
Agree 100% its pretty damn hard to just toss aside some brand new shocks and springs I already paid for when I can just give it a little bump to get some good meat’s under there. The tech at 4WP said he like the skyjacker since the metal spacers wouldn't wear out and I still maintained the stock isolators. Its all bolted into the upper spring and doesn't make any noise. Im a pretty OCD mechanic and Im very happy with the result for the price. I notice no difference in on road handling even with 37” falkens. But thats subjective anyways. The stackable spacers are a great option too especially if you get level and then add accessories.

OP
OP
Capt. B

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
I just installed a Rough Country 3.5" lift with the spacers and it rides exactly like it did the day before. Makes the 275 tires look small though. Might have to just up to 35" tires.

Gladiator 1.jpg

Gladiator 2.jpg

Gladiator 3.jpg

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I just installed a Rough Country 3.5" lift with the spacers and it rides exactly like it did the day before. Makes the 275 tires look small though. Might have to just up to 35" tires.

Gladiator 1.jpg

Gladiator 2.jpg

Gladiator 3.jpg
Minus the tires, that setup looks really great together. Nice.

JTJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Love that color! Yeah some bigger tires will fill it out nicely.
Sponsored