First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Safety guy
Is anybody else’s front passenger knee panel oem speaker negative polarity while all the others are positive polarity ? Changing out knee panels today checked polarity on all the others they are positive .
Sponsored

mert34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
I thought i was reading somewhere where others have come across the same thing, i cant find it anymore though.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Just watched a video this morning for speaker upgrades in the Gladiator and five of the six speakers had the same polarity. Passenger knee speaker was reverse from the others.

OP
OP
Jgfromthesip

Jgfromthesip

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Safety guy
Just watched a video this morning for speaker upgrades in the Gladiator and five of the six speakers had the same polarity. Passenger knee speaker was reverse from the others.

yeah I’ve seen that video .. I wonder if anyone has reversed it to see what it does .. I’m gonna try it when I get the pod pulled out

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
If y'all are talking about 5 Star's video, he says in there that it's most likely for a effect and timing to sound like it arrives at the driver at the same time. Easier then going through the effort of developing delays to save on engineering.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jgfromthesip

Jgfromthesip

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Safety guy
If y'all are talking about 5 Star's video, he says in there that it's most likely for a effect and timing to sound like it arrives at the driver at the same time. Easier then going through the effort of developing delays to save on engineering.

Could be. Thanks

OP
OP
Jgfromthesip

Jgfromthesip

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Safety guy
!!update!! Changed the pods out this morning … with new pods and speakers !! now the passenger front speaker polarity is positive … I didn’t change any of the wiring ! Weird !

mert34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
is the other side still positive?

OP
OP
Jgfromthesip

Jgfromthesip

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Safety guy
Yes, they are all positive now.

Sponsored

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
!!update!! Changed the pods out this morning … with new pods and speakers !! now the passenger front speaker polarity is positive … I didn’t change any of the wiring ! Weird !
So wanna hook us up and swap the Left and Right OEM speaker and just see if the flippe dpoparity follows?

OP
OP
Jgfromthesip

Jgfromthesip

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Safety guy
So here’s some more pics ….so I checked the stock speaker with a 9 volt battery to check polarity … battery test determined the right side is positive …as you see the green wire is on the right ….so on the factory harness the green wire should be attached to green /violet for positive … but as you see it’s attached to green yellow .. which means jeep wired it wrong ..I used the polarity app to the Check polarity before install and it was negative while all the rest were positive … I did swap the wires around in the Metra harness to make make the new speaker polarity positive …
Jeep Gladiator Speaker polarity 5522D904-6006-4BBF-9302-6FD5FBED9A1A
Jeep Gladiator Speaker polarity CF808D7D-30C8-46C8-B2A8-7A1AA77732E3
Jeep Gladiator Speaker polarity 757D2C66-F42E-4EBA-8AF9-E647ABC7AF52

Last edited:

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
So here’s some more pics ….so I checked the stock speaker with a 9 volt to check polarity … battery test determined the right side is positive …as you see the green wire is on the right ….so on the the factory harness green wire should be attached to green /violet for positive … but as you see it’s attached to green yellow .. which means jeep wired it wrong ..I used the polarity app to the Check polarity before install and it was negative while all the rest were positive … I did swap the wires around in the Metra harness to make make the new speaker polarity positive …
I wouldn’t say wired wrong, because it seems to be consistent, but definitely reversed for some engineering reason. I’m not gonna defend them because I just found this beauty of wire routing in the door. Just route the harness right up against the window crank, by design🤦🏼‍♂️

73D78895-7068-4980-AEC3-2A345BA5B092.jpeg

OP
OP
Jgfromthesip

Jgfromthesip

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Safety guy
I wouldn’t say wired wrong, because it seems to be consistent, but definitely reversed for some engineering reason. I’m not gonna defend them because I just found this beauty of wire routing in the door. Just route the harness right up against the window crank, by design🤦🏼‍♂️

Jeep Gladiator Speaker polarity 73D78895-7068-4980-AEC3-2A345BA5B092
That’s crazy right there !!
Sponsored