Sponsored

Spent a day looking

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
Was ready to buy a loaded 2020 S model. But the steering wandered(yes I know about the TSB but didn't want the hassle) and decided to get a 2021. The loaded one I drove had the dual top group and after looking at the size of the soft top crate in bed faced the reality that I didn't need both tops. After looking at what you really got with the basic S package decided I could live without it. One option I did want was the Max Tow(4:10 gears, rear trac lok among other things). I'm real happy with it so far. Not much more than a JL but more useful. Let's me sell my Tundra.
Sponsored

Dav6662

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ribicon
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so I got my first Jeep when my two boys were young...2001. It was ‘02 TJ X. I built it up the way I wanted, was fortunate enough to be able to label it as a toy...third vehicle, not a daily driver. I was once again fortunate enough so that when my oldest started driving I could afford to get him a vehicle and not have to hand over my toy, which was the plan when we bought the TJ.

Well fast forward to January 2019....my wife and I are at the big car show in Houston. Basically getting an idea what could possibly be my wife’s New SUV at some point....well we turn the corner to the Jeep vehicles and they had this lifted, decked out JT...all black. I thought dang that’s cool, but how would I justify that, especially since I still had a sweet TJ.......I look over at my wife and her mouth is wide open...she fell in love with it. But we are practical people after all and we moved on, happy with our TJ and still looking at SUVs.

Fast forward to September 2019.....(To understand this next statement you must know that I have a special needs kid...well adult. He is 25 and is 6’4”...he does not fit in the backseat of the TJ). I am 59 and my wife is 57.....In September of 2019 my wife says to me..” I can no longer climb up in YOUR Jeep...if you want all of Us to go riding in the Jeep you have to get something else.” I am thinking, okay like what do I do now? That is when she says, “let’s look at that Jeep truck.....”.

That was my justification.......

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
New here but not to Jeeps. Ii have a 96 Cherokee Country and a 03 Wrangler Sport. They both run tip top.
I have been looking at the Gladiators since they came out but have not allowed myself to go look at them, untill yesterday. I have gotten old enough to say that one of these things cost more than my first house. Another side of me says you have worked and retired now and could afford one if you really wanted.
I found some to look at. All the different trim packages is a bit overwheming at first.
What has some of you done to justify shuch a purchase?
There are a few threads here under the Ordering, Pricing etc that may be of help with regards to cost. Look for Daniel at Gupton Motors in Springfield, TN and Spencer at Spirit Lake Motors in Iowa.
Both give very nice discounts. Gupton up to 8% and Spirit Lake 5% off the invoice price of the vehicle if you order thru them. Also, may entertain selling on off their lot with the same deal. No hidden fees or surprises at either of these. I mention them as they are close to Indiana.

Also, there is a thread with a google doc Invoice cost of each trim level and each option you could want to add. Use the Jeep.com site to build it and can cost out your vehicle yourself.

I ordered from Gupton as he was closest and can make a Smokey Mountain get away for the wife and I when we fly up to get it.

Hope this helps....

Sponsored

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Justification:

I love spending my kids inheritance!

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
I'm a first time Jeep owner. It was pretty simple for me.

1. It didn't have an impact on our budget
2. When the family got in for the test drive it put a big smile on all of our faces...even my wife's!

A week and half later and I'm still loving it. I'm sure the new will wear off, but it meets all of our needs and any wants my family might have.

I got the Rubicon and feel like I negotiated a good deal.
New here but not to Jeeps. Ii have a 96 Cherokee Country and a 03 Wrangler Sport. They both run tip top.
I have been looking at the Gladiators since they came out but have not allowed myself to go look at them, untill yesterday. I have gotten old enough to say that one of these things cost more than my first house. Another side of me says you have worked and retired now and could afford one if you really wanted.
I found some to look at. All the different trim packages is a bit overwheming at first.
I went back and forth. Started looking when they first announced the gladiator. Started at the top and worked my way down to a sport S with a few options. I came out of a 2005 LWB (2 door) unlimited wrangler With manual windows and locks and loved it and wish I kept it but kids change things.
I added the following options
7” screen, heated seats and wheel, cargo, smokers group (for $30 I can always light a fire now lol), floor mats, dual roof (the soft top is a joke I should have passed on that), regular tow package as I only tow a motorcycle, quad, and small inflatable boat.
also I decided with a manual trans which I love (it’s a toy after all). I believe You can’t get the Max tow with manual trans.
you will love whatever you get and as others have said. You can’t take it with you and you deserve it.
good luck

OP
OP

Whatscooking

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Chorkee. 2004 Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
Wel, the dealer just texed me with a buyer for my Wrangler, i told them 14,000 it has 27, 000 miles. Guess ill list my Chorkee.
This dealer says if i bring the buyer for my Wrangler to the dealership they will do what i believe he said a in and out that he would apply that money to lower the tax on the Gladiator

Sponsored

satfico

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Wel, the dealer just texed me with a buyer for my Wrangler, i told them 14,000 it has 27, 000 miles. Guess ill list my Chorkee.
This dealer says if i bring the buyer for my Wrangler to the dealership they will do what i believe he said a in and out that he would apply that money to lower the tax on the Gladiator
Never owned a Chorkee.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well 29 June 2019 my mind was made up, a friend of mine didn't feel good check in ER dead hours later about my age. I was at dealership's with what I wanted and said I'd buy it. None local would order it, only fully overloaded with mark ups and over priced unwanted (by me) B.S.. I buckled down paid off everything I owed, applied for a job overseas did interview. 5 Jan. clutch went out on my LJ, I replaced it 13 days later the radiator hose went. I emailed them on job turning it down, I stopped in dealership with printout said order it. They asked how I was buying it I said I have it though USAA, they offered me 3% found and did a dealership swap for almost exactly what I wanted to keep me from leaving. Sport S Max-Tow, Aux switch, basic radio, Gobi hardtop. What I wanted in the first place almost. Only thing that I didn't get that I wanted is Trac-Loc axle. Nice to drive a new "paid off in 5 months" vehicle...... Life is short.
I try to follow Dave Ramsey plan myself of no debt, but sometimes S### happens... (What some "change" done with my health Insurance coverage and what I had to pay :mad::mad: plus my retirement account :facepalm::mad:).... I don't have family to leave my money and stuff to other than family I don't even really know. Another tip for anyone your credit score will drop dramatic if you pay off house, RV, 4wheeler, vehicle(s), medical bills C.C. ECT. I took a 50 point hit.

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
The doors come off and the top does, too. Fun. Time to have fun driving again. So I will pay the price for the unique experience.

MntMan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Havnt justified it. My 2003 f250 7.3 does just fine with only 170k miles. Paid off. Also can't afford it but maybe one day. Single family income with 2 kids and 2 dogs. Wife just got her 2019 Sorento so I gotta wait a couple years.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I had a 1986 Comanche and a 2,000 Cherokee. The Cherokee was my daily. I had cleaned it up very nicely and replaced almost every wearable part when it got bombed by a hail storm from hell.

I wanted a new vehicle since the Comanche was less than reliable and a gas hog. (That tiny 2.8 liter V6 sucked gas because it had so little power, I had to pretty much put the pedal to the floor every time I got rolling and on every hill.)

Then the Gladiator came out. In my mind, I merged the Cherokee and the Comanche and that was the Gladiator! I decided on the Sport S with Max Tow in case I wanted to trailer my classic Mustang.

Yeah, it's a lot of dough, but it was really worth it. I installed a bed rack and a roof top tent. I took Mrs. Klutch camping and, surprisingly, she liked the roof top tent. Then we went for a drive through the mountains to see the fall colors. I peeled off on a remote back road and we came across a moose family; Bull, Cow and Calf. Mrs. Klutch was so excited she almost exploded. (Moose are her favorite animal.) JT justified!
Sponsored