Sponsored

Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc...

OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
wow, that is a sick build.....really nicely done
Thanks ! I appreciate it ! You know what ? Driving around with those 5:13 gears and the light setup of the 37" Goodyear MTRs and the Method 703, I think the JTR may be just as fast or even faster than stock with the 33s and 4:10s ! No lack of power at all. It pulls pretty good in the high rpm with the 5:13s. I made a couple trips up to 5500 feet already, and I did not expect as much improvement as I got from the 5:13s. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Here is a video of some 4wheeling. The JTR performed great ! 19 lbs of air in the Goodyears, sway bar disconnected, and I used lockers and low lock on some of those huge steep hills. The grip was awesome, the tires never slipped once. The suspension never bottomed and the JTR never scraped. 5:13s with the manual are really nice in this steep stuff. I ran the Falcon SP2 3.3 adjustables at setting 2.5 and that was perfect for this terrain.

OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Drinkwater Flats climb - 19 psi, rear locker locked, 5:13 gears, 2nd gear low lock, sway bar disconnected, manual tranny, Falcons set at 2.3 on SP2 low setting
Gladiator is a beast.

Last edited:

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
This is fantastic. Almost as though there is a doppelgänger out there. 😁 almost similar builds with a few slight differences. Not quite done yet And still going through shakedown and break-in on 4:88s.

Thanks for sharing the vids. Come on break-in!

C2AFDF74-C582-4237-AF29-9C9AC601FAE6.jpeg

Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
In your vids you show you are running your Falcons at different custom settings. Are you finding there to be a difference between the settings to warrant changing them each time? Or is it more like, set it and forget it?

OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This is fantastic. Almost as though there is a doppelgänger out there. 😁 almost similar builds with a few slight differences. Not quite done yet And still going through shakedown and break-in on 4:88s.

Thanks for sharing the vids. Come on break-in!

C2AFDF74-C582-4237-AF29-9C9AC601FAE6.jpeg
Great looking Build ! Cool rims. The gears are great, aren't they ? With my 5:13s, I must have gained a full second in the 1/4 mile from the 4:10s. Power and torque are way up. Gas mileage is also better. What a huge difference. No need for a V8 Gladiator in my book.

One tip, disconnect your front sway bar and check the play in your end links by shaking them with no load. Mine were loose a couple of times after some shakedown 4wheel runs.

Note: The springs will completely break in once you start wheeling with it. After the break-in, regarding the shocks, here are the settings I like so far, but, note, I have a steel bumper, winch, and RSE step sliders with armor, so, I have some serious weight.

On road, no wind - SP2 on soft, Fast adjust on 2.2
On road, windy - SP2 on soft, fast adjust on 2.3 or 2.4
Off-road, crawling - SP2 on soft, fast adjust on 2.3
Off-road, desert up to 25 mph - SP2 on soft, fast adjust on 2.4 to 2.6 depending on size of whoops.

Each fast adjust setting makes a difference that you can feel. I have not tried Fast adjust 3 yet, nor anything above 2.6. For my truck weight, it seems the sweet spot is around 2.2 - depending on terrain. Setting 1 is too soft for me to use. I have also not tried SP2 on "Performance" yet.

Yesterday, I hit the bump stops on some big desert whoops on setting SP2 soft, fast adjust on 2.4. I want to try SP2 on soft, and fast adjust on the high 2s or 3 for the desert whoops next time. Speed in the desert is way up compared to a stock Rubicon suspension - I was always nailing the bump stops. The Falcons are really fantastic in the whoops.

I think the adjustable feature is really cool and works well. It is really nice to be able to dial in your suspension based on the weight of your rig and terrain. The terrain around me varies widely.

Update: I have been running SP2 soft, fast adjust setting 3 lately on the road in the canyon with winds. What a great setting ! Completely transforms the truck into a decent carver and winds do not effect it. The ride is not harsh at all and much appreciated in the canyons with wind. I can see using this setting on smooth hwys at high speed. You feel very confident at 80 mph on this setting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
In your vids you show you are running your Falcons at different custom settings. Are you finding there to be a difference between the settings to warrant changing them each time? Or is it more like, set it and forget it?
Obviously the settings take seconds to change, and many terrain requires the changes... You can feel the change at every click. I set SP2 to soft when I installed them, and just use the Fast adjust now.... Driving through any heavy wind on the hwy, I set them to high 2's or 3 - the same for canyon driving... Most 4wheeling, which is small rocks, dirt and huge hills & mountains for me is around 2.4, 2.3... If I am in the desert and running at at speed, around 2.5 or 2.6.... Setting 1 seems too soft for the weight of my Gladiator.

For my Gladiator weight, set it and forget it setting is around SP2 soft, Fast adjust - 2.4 or 2.5...

Sponsored

OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Update - After a few months of 4wheeling and on-road driving, I was getting concerned about my stock Steering Stabilizer -- steering started to feel a little different...
I bought the Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer and installed it. I is a huge difference vs. the stock stabilizer. My stock one seemed blown out -- easy to move back and forth.
I like setting medium for on the street and off-road. It seems to be the perfect setting. You can really feel the difference and I believe it is a worthwhile upgrade. I am very glad I made the upgrade. Here is a pic. Note: I wanted to stay with all Falcon.

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... w9lGWm

Last edited:
OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Rowher Flats Hill Climbs this past weekend. The Gladiator was a beast. Running 17 psi in the 37" Kevlars with both lockers on, Falcon shocks set on fast adjust setting 2.1, 5:13 gears in second gear low lock, while climbing the bigger grades with the big ruts. No problem -- only got a little tire slippage towards the last climb where you see a little dust kick up. Great Views !

OP
OP
hjdca

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I received my first badge of honor - Big Bear - Gold Mountain. It was tons of fun and I went with a great group of guys.

Here is another build update:

Gorilla Glass

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... 2g5kn6

Engel Fridge with BLUETTI Portable Power Station EB70 LiFePo4 Battery Pack

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... k5Db1f

M.O.R.E Engine, Tranny, & Transfer Case skids. Skid Row exhaust loop Skid.

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... xngI88

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... AsakdH

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... iRrlDh

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... 2X7qaP

RPM Steering 2.5 ton drag link & Tie rod

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... PnY6oS

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... 9hSqgF

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... gUogMP

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... 37m2Yl

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... j4kA4V

GMRS setup from CoolTech LLC - Cowl mount, custom short Coax length.
Now I have both a portable CB and GMRS - MXT275 with both the 6db antenna and the short, stubby 3db antenna.

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... InbWzd

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... drFUI

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... weavqR

For Rock lights, I bought four 4WDKING Red LED Rock Lights and four LUX MAX Magnetic LED Rock Lights. My aux switches are all used, so, I used the two light switches on my Warn Platinum winch. I made my own wiring harnesses with waterproof connections and corrugated plastic automotive piping.

water proof marine connections with solder - installed with heat gun

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... Nhosmu

Red and white Rock lights
Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... eXDYjT

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... EaHtx6

Big Bear, Gold Mountain, "Badge of Honor" -- Pic.

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... GladiatorGoldMountai

Big Bear - Badge of Honor - Holcolm Creek Trail - Finishing at night on the last obstacle. Outstanding Picture of us taken by Ron (averagetacoguy),

Jeep Gladiator Sting-Gray manual JTR build - Clayton 3.5", Falcon Adjustable shocks, Warn Winch, Rock Slide Engineering steps, etc... I8IQhf

Last edited:
Reactions: N83

Byrnesy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
The Falcon Shocks look like a very well built and designed shock.
Congrats on a sweet build.
Sponsored