First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT Overland
Occupation
IT
Anyone with a Stinger HEIGH10 installed, how long does it take for your Apple CarPlay to start up? Mine works fine, but it seems to take 1.5 minutes from when I start the car and plug in the phone to when CarPlay becomes available.

Is that normal, or do I have a faulty system in some way?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

emooretc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT Overland
Occupation
IT
Hey Eric,
Are you using the USB port in the center console?
Yes I was. Like I said, CarPlay worked, it just took forever to connect. Interestingly, I took back out the head unit to wire in the external mic, and I actually tested CarPlay with the head unit out of the dash by plugging the iPhone usb cable directly into the headunit, and CarPlay started right up.

So then I plugged back in the extension USB cable that runs to the center console, and reassembled everything back in the dash and it works MUCH better now. CarPlay starts up in just a handful of seconds, as opposed to the 1-2 minutes.

Really weird. Not sure what changed, but I am happy now.

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Yes I was. Like I said, CarPlay worked, it just took forever to connect. Interestingly, I took back out the head unit to wire in the external mic, and I actually tested CarPlay with the head unit out of the dash by plugging the iPhone usb cable directly into the headunit, and CarPlay started right up.

So then I plugged back in the extension USB cable that runs to the center console, and reassembled everything back in the dash and it works MUCH better now. CarPlay starts up in just a handful of seconds, as opposed to the 1-2 minutes.

Really weird. Not sure what changed, but I am happy now.
That is weird. It could have just been a loose connection. If you have any other issues, give us a call at (727) 732-3114

OP
OP

emooretc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT Overland
Occupation
IT
That is weird. It could have just been a loose connection. If you have any other issues, give us a call at (727) 732-3114
Thanks Mike. Suspect you are right. It was weird that it was just slow, versus working or not working.
Now that I have that sorted, I love it. Replaced an 8.4", and it really is nice. I routed an HDMI port into the center console, and have a Chromecast for watching TV when parked. Pretty cool stuff.

Waiting to get my new bumper before connecting up the 3 additional cameras I pre-wired when I installed the unit.
Sponsored