First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Canadian Postie.
Bought a SC tuner for my JK and it was just plug and play but the one for the JT requires you to disconnect 2 wiring harnesses from the gateway module. How in the world do you disconnect them? I can barely get my hand up in there and when I do I cannot find anything that will release the harnesses.
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a SC tuner for my JK and it was just plug and play but the one for the JT requires you to disconnect 2 wiring harnesses from the gateway module. How in the world do you disconnect them? I can barely get my hand up in there and when I do I cannot find anything that will release the harnesses.
There is more then one way to get to them. Look at the install videos for the Tazer. YOu can take the panel off in front of them if you cant reach up behind. After watching the video & noting the orientation of everything it wasnt a problem for me to reach up behind.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I snaked my right bear paw up there, using thumb and ring finger to hold downward tension on the wiring harness and slid my fore finger and middle finger up on the connectors. It basically feels like bumps on the connectors, push in with both fingers and pull down.

Yes, a PITA for those of us with bear paws.

OP
OP
Canadian GP

Canadian GP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Canadian Postie.
There is more then one way to get to them. Look at the install videos for the Tazer. YOu can take the panel off in front of them if you cant reach up behind. After watching the video & noting the orientation of everything it wasnt a problem for me to reach up behind.
Found the youtube video and had harnesses removed in 5 minutes, thanks for the help.
Sponsored