Sponsored

Swap factory halogens to OEM LED headlights?

berb

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
I was going to buy a pair of OEM LED Headlights from a member on the market place. Before I finalized the deal I stopped into my local dealership shop (mine is pretty good) and asked if there was any additional things I needed to buy to swap my halogens to OEM LEDs. The tech there told me that they refer the swap out to a local custom shop because the swap is hit or miss. Sometimes it goes smooth other times there are issues, the worst example was the LED fried the wiring. Now, I have heard of flickering until you get the computer flashed, but nothing that serious. For context, my mechanical skills are minimal. I can easily change out the headlight, but am ill equipped to handle a problem if it arises.

Is there anyone who has made this swap, meaning switching out OEM Halogens to OEM LEDs. I know After Market LEDs have drivers and other devices to prevent the issues.
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Get a Tazr and do it yourself......its not rocket science. Its just the learning curve with the menus for the Tazr

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT
I was going to buy a pair of OEM LED Headlights from a member on the market place. Before I finalized the deal I stopped into my local dealership shop (mine is pretty good) and asked if there was any additional things I needed to buy to swap my halogens to OEM LEDs. The tech there told me that they refer the swap out to a local custom shop because the swap is hit or miss. Sometimes it goes smooth other times there are issues, the worst example was the LED fried the wiring. Now, I have heard of flickering until you get the computer flashed, but nothing that serious. For context, my mechanical skills are minimal. I can easily change out the headlight, but am ill equipped to handle a problem if it arises.

Is there anyone who has made this swap, meaning switching out OEM Halogens to OEM LEDs. I know After Market LEDs have drivers and other devices to prevent the issues.
Plenty have made this swap. Just activate LED using the Dealer,Jscan or Tazer. You may need a 4th wire on the passenger side(i think all 21+ have this now) for the DRLs. Theres a guy on ebay that sells this if you end up needing it or you can order it from Jeep. Sounds like the tech shouldn't be changing oil if he cant handle this swap.
Sponsored