Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Not attempting to be a smart ass, but 4.5" lift and 37,s , + leaving the tailgate closed has worked wonders. But I hear ya. Pretty weak job of sealing that tailgate up, considering the full size trucks are having a tailgate war , and there quality on all brands is top notch.
Sponsored

bsteg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold my JKUR and just got a JTR.
Occupation
Work
Who knew. I bought a nice bed cap to keep my stuff clean and dry. After my first dusty trip the bed was filthy, piles of dust. The cap seals nicely to the bed but you can literally see daylight around the tailgate. Im gonna try the $22 Amazon solution but a custom fit gasket would be sweet!

mcolbyb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Who knew. I bought a nice bed cap to keep my stuff clean and dry. After my first dusty trip the bed was filthy, piles of dust. The cap seals nicely to the bed but you can literally see daylight around the tailgate. Im gonna try the $22 Amazon solution but a custom fit gasket would be sweet!
Yeah I've experienced the same thing with my RLD Canopy. I used an Amazon truck bed seal and I really don't think it helped much. Issue was that rock gravel and dirt would collect between the peel off seal and the paint. Interested in hearing if you go with one of those rubber seals that go across the gap between the tailgate and the bed.
Sponsored