Tazer Lite question

Mojave Dr.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Naturopathic doctor
I’m putting my new tire/wheel pkg. on in the morning, and will be setting new tire size with a Tazer Lite. If I’m just using it to set the speedo/tire size and removing it, do I need to worry about “unmarrying” to get an oil change done?(normally do my own, but am taking advantage of the Jeep Wave changes.) I’ve ordered the extension cable from Z Automotive to make the on/off process easier in the future, as it sounds like a hassle to get to the connector clips.
Sponsored

CaptNkllm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I would remove it completely when you take it in.. take no chances!! No point in getting in a pickle over a 5 min job and being lazy! Just saying

OP
OP
Mojave Dr.

Mojave Dr.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Naturopathic doctor
I would remove it completely when you take it in.. take no chances!! No point in getting in a pickle over a 5 min job and being lazy! Just saying
As I read some of the info over on the JL site about this, it looks like it’s a safe bet to unmarry, even when the unit has been connected. I was just thinking it’s only tire size I’m changing... but if they get the idea to push an update it could screw things up. Maybe I’ll be one of the lucky ones that doesn’t end up bleeding from the process of connecting/disconnecting the Tazer. 😂

OP
OP
Mojave Dr.

Mojave Dr.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Naturopathic doctor
Ok, got it done - some feedback for those just getting into the Tazer install. It is indeed the pain in the a** that others have described in getting the connectors removed from the security terminal block. It's not hard, just tough to get to with big paws. Whoever I read here that suggested a screwdriver to push the tabs in, while pulling (gently) down on the wires - I owe you a beer! I also purchased the extension cable, so that project will not be nearly as tough next time.... making it easy to unmarry/remove for service. I highly recommend the cable!

Sponsored

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks for the tips. Used a screw driver as well it still a pain in the ass.

With just changing the tire size and tpms do you remove the tazer and plug the two clips back into the security terminal? It seems easier to leave the tazer plugged in. If you leave it plugged in, I guess nothing is plugged back into the security block?

OP
OP
Mojave Dr.

Mojave Dr.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Naturopathic doctor
Thanks for the tips. Used a screw driver as well it still a pain in the ass.

With just changing the tire size and tpms do you remove the tazer and plug the two clips back into the security terminal? It seems easier to leave the tazer plugged in. If you leave it plugged in, I guess nothing is plugged back into the security block?
You can unplug it, yes, but I’m leaving mine plugged in unless taking in for service. The main reason for leaving it hooked up (for me)is the ESS disable, otherwise I’d probably disconnect it with my tire settings left intact. Big +1 on getting the cable also, makes connecting/disconnecting much easier!
Sponsored