First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
So I got the Tazer mini installed and was checking out all the settings, watched some video, etc... Anyways, I saw a video and they said it is not longer necessary to actually measure the tires when using the Tazer mini. You can simply take the tire size written on the sidewall.

I thought that was interesting and wondered what others thought.
Sponsored

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Many of us have posted elsewhere our experience with this - whoever's video that is, they are wrong (in my experience).

1) Some tires won't have an 'inches' reading on the sidewall - as such, you still have to do some math or refer to a website (or OEM specs) to obtain the actual tire size.
2) Once you put in a measurement (again, in inches), you need to compare it to a separate, independent source to confirm your speed. From there, a few more adjustments up/down are likely necessary to find the sweet spot.

Maybe that worked for the video author's vehicle, but reading online posts over the past year in anticipation of putting on bigger tires, and subsequently a Tazer mini, have taught me otherwise.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
There are several threads on this, check the Programming section. It depends on how accurate you would like the speedometer to be. Measure from the center of the wheel to the ground, double it, and use that as a starting point. You may need to go larger, or smaller, to get it right. Use a GPS app to confirm, but do not connect it to the truck with a USB cable while doing so.

Red-Paint

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2019 RS3
Occupation
Contractor
I have the Tazer Mini. 37x12.5x18 and per the specs they are 36.5 tall. So I set the mini to 36.5. I have never measured but I will now. Seems ok

OP
OP
Rubiwoo

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
it was from a author that many people don't like on here, so I'll leave it at that. Thanks for the quick replies. I'll go measure to be sure.

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I went off what my manufacturer had on their website for the measurement

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
You need to measure the tire. The stated size on the side wall is almost never correct.
Sponsored