Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
Here are a few from Wolf caves. I included a couple photos of my pinion yoke and drive shaft damage.

The yoke has a crack in it.

Jeep Gladiator Texas Check In IMG_0247
Jeep Gladiator Texas Check In IMG_0146
Jeep Gladiator Texas Check In PXL_20220101_202633516~2
Jeep Gladiator Texas Check In Screenshot_20220102-195138

PXL_20220101_202633516~2.jpg

Sponsored

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
Sorry to see that happen to your JT. That was quite a rock climb! How much did you cringe when you hit it that hard?
I wouldn't have been as upset with messing up the pinion yoke if it didn't happen on a.more basic green or blue trail.

We were waiting for our group and I was just messing around a bit. I didn't see a big lump in the rock. Once I hear it I knew bit wasn't in good to be great.

I would not recommend this park for most gladiators. Barnwell and Marble falls are going to be much better on it.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
We might do marble falls or barnwell next month if anyone is interested.
Might be down, just have to see what the schedule is like as it approaches. If you have facebook, there is a local group on there Austin Jeep Trucks. They seem pretty active. I'm on it but due to going overseas or just bad luck I haven't been able to go out with them.

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
Thanks for the background. I am just reading these post to get a clue. I just ordered a Mojave and wanted to get some ideas of how people may be enjoying their trucks.

Sponsored

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the background. I am just reading these post to get a clue. I just ordered a Mojave and wanted to get some ideas of how people may be enjoying their trucks.
My honest opinion is I probably wouldn't get a Gladiator again. It does everything, but just ok out of the box. Ok on the road, decent off road. It has a (modern) Jeep fun factor though. I also hate the steering box. You'll likely have the new steel one with less problems.

If you do any off roading, you'll realize its super long and gets hung up a lot due to the length and over hanging bed.

Other than that it has been pretty good.

Optimal setup for me would be doing an HD pickup + trailer + wheeling Jeep.

davetha

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeep.host
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Jeep JT
Build Thread
Link
Which deal did you order from? I know the fleet manager at NW Dodge, and South Fork has a good relationship with customers.

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
I ordered from Gupton. I told the Houston area dealers (5) what deal I got and they told me that they couldn’t touch that or they did not reply back. River Oaks Houston gave me the best local offer.