Sponsored

The GCM-JTLE-OMC... Granite Crystal Metallic- JT Launch Edition- Original Motor Club

SMLDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Sahara, 07 Caliber. 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Thanks for the new group.
Still waiting for mine, (Granite Crystal Metallic Rubi) supposed to be in Final inspection.
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to join the Granite Crystal Metallic JT Launch Edition club

I've got a one week old GCM JT LE

First 2 pics are pre-purchase at the dealership. 3rd pic is ready to drive home

IMG_2333.jpeg
IMG_2334.jpeg
IMG_2340.jpeg

Last edited:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the Launch Editions were early builds. That's why I was hesitant about buying one (not sure if I could find one).

This one was built 8/28/19

Got a smoking deal from Autonation in N. Phoenix, AZ - $7,500 off sticker

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Still waiting for mine, (Granite Crystal Metallic Rubi) supposed to be in Final inspection.
Welcome! ;{

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
I'd like to join the Granite Crystal Metallic JT Launch Edition club

I've got a one week old GCM LT LE

First 2 pics are pre-purchase at the dealership. 3rd pic is ready to drive home

IMG_2333.jpeg
IMG_2334.jpeg
IMG_2340.jpeg
Welcome! That’s one sexy truck!
We ALL thought the “Launch Editions” we’re going to be early builds! Then 6 months later... some of us are still waiting for delivery... I believe a few are still waiting for their build! Mine wasn’t finished until 9/18... but, personally, in retrospect, now, I’m glad mine was built after June 25th! It’s in final transit to dealer now, should show any day! Congrats on your find and deal! Curious, did your window sticker have “Built especially for blank!” on it? Trying to gauge how many JTLEs were bailed on, by Launch Edition orderers... vs LEs that were ordered directly by dealerships. ;{

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome! That’s one sexy truck!
We ALL thought the “Launch Editions” we’re going to be early builds! Then 6 months later... some of us are still waiting for delivery... I believe a few are still waiting for their build! Mine wasn’t finished until 9/18... but, personally, in retrospect, now, I’m glad mine was built after June 25th! It’s in final transit to dealer now, should show any day! Congrats on your find and deal! Curious, did your window sticker have “Built especially for blank!” on it? Trying to gauge how many JTLEs were bailed on, by Launch Edition orderers... vs LEs that were ordered directly by dealerships. ;{

As far as I know, mine was a dealer build - sold to the dealer and no other info on the sticker or elsewhere. The dealer has at least one more.

Do you guys know if there's a list of the LE builds that FCA/JEEP has published? It'd be interesting to see the stats like build dates and colors and see when the LE is done

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As far as I know, mine was a dealer build - sold to the dealer and no other info on the sticker or elsewhere. The dealer has at least one more.

Do you guys know if there's a list of the LE builds that FCA/JEEP has published? It'd be interesting to see the stats like build dates and colors and see when the LE is done
Not aware of a list right now, (not because we haven’t searched for one), but I expect one will be compiled by someone who writes a code to search ‘em out, and compile them eventually. With the right data, they should be able to collate them and determine the count (1 through 4190) one day.. certainly, not until they’re all built! At which time, we can find out our place in the run. ;{

Wiretie44

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Granite Crystal Metallic 2001 4Runner 2015 FLTRXS
Took delivery of my GCMLE 9/20... whats 5.5 months LOL.... Its been nothing short of awesome!!!

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Welcome! ;{

Sponsored

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I knew about the LE - I saw it multiple times in the press:

"The 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition is based on a fully loaded Gladiator Rubicon model. Only 4190 of the Launch Edition will be produced, and they're available exclusively though a one-day preorder program on April 4, 2019, at Jeep.com."

So I assumed they'd be ordered that one day and they'd be built and that'd be it.

I had seen this (this is from Motor Trend, April 8th):

"Just a week ago, we brought you news of Jeep's limited-run 2020 Gladiator Launch Edition. Now, after just one day of sales, all 4,190 of the trucks are sold out, and one of the buyers will soon become the lucky winner of the $100,000 "Find your Freedom" contest.

Buyers of the Gladiator Launch Edition are now eligible to enter as contestants for the $100,000 prize—odds far better than any lottery, and a nice way for Jeep to give back to the community that displays often fanatic levels of support for the marque. To win, they'll have to submit a video entry by April 30, which will be judged by U.S. Army veteran and wounded warrior Noah Galloway, who has partnered with Jeep for the contest."

Has anyone heard about the contest results?

We own, supposedly, "One of 4,190"

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-LaunchEdition-Badge-780x405.jpg

OP
OP
WildJD

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is what I knew about the LE - I saw it multiple times in the press:

"The 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition is based on a fully loaded Gladiator Rubicon model. Only 4190 of the Launch Edition will be produced, and they're available exclusively though a one-day preorder program on April 4, 2019, at Jeep.com."

So I assumed they'd be ordered that one day and they'd be built and that'd be it.

I had seen this (this is from Motor Trend, April 8th):

"Just a week ago, we brought you news of Jeep's limited-run 2020 Gladiator Launch Edition. Now, after just one day of sales, all 4,190 of the trucks are sold out, and one of the buyers will soon become the lucky winner of the $100,000 "Find your Freedom" contest.

Buyers of the Gladiator Launch Edition are now eligible to enter as contestants for the $100,000 prize—odds far better than any lottery, and a nice way for Jeep to give back to the community that displays often fanatic levels of support for the marque. To win, they'll have to submit a video entry by April 30, which will be judged by U.S. Army veteran and wounded warrior Noah Galloway, who has partnered with Jeep for the contest."

Has anyone heard about the contest results?

We own, supposedly, "One of 4,190"

2020-Jeep-Gladiator-LaunchEdition-Badge-780x405.jpg
Yeah, we all thought the same thing. We all (most of us) ordered April 4th, “National 4x4 Day!” (or some the third, with a ‘heads-up’), but we all thought we’d get them relatively soon. It took weeks for them to even begin production (of the LEs), then, they only did small runs of limited colors. It took months for them to get around to even starting production on the Granite Crystal Metallics! Then, again, small runs, a few built, and forever, for them to start shipping! Others, just languished in limbo... some waiting to start their build, some part way through their build (and being held up in a given status for weeks), others, supposedly, finished with their build, but being held in storage for a month! Meanwhile, the JT production line in Toledo, was cranking out hundreds of Glads a day! And they were being shipped, IMMEDIATELY, to Dealers!
SOME OF WHICH... were, lo and behold... LAUNCH EDITIONS!
Needless to say, we “Launch Edition” April 4th, “National 4x4 Day!” saps, were pissed!
My JT went into production 8/13/19, (over 4 months since order 4/4/19), was finished with its build and inspection, 8/30/19, finally shipped 9/30/19, and my dealer is still waiting for delivery, hopefully, any day now.
So we here, in the GCM-JTLE-OMC, have EARNED our membership! (No inference implied to you... lol! Anyone who purchases a GCM-JTLE is welcome in the OMC! Of course, lol!)
As for the 100 grand, it was awarded to a paraplegic guy and his wife, who are overlanders! Nice couple! Glad they got it! Announcement should be somewhere in the Forum homepage archives! ;{

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks WildJD, for the history lesson the LE's. It's strange to me that they announced the LE's as limited editions and they said they were sold out after one day. I assume they were sold to folks like you who ordered them and the rest went to dealers?

In any case, I'm not surprised about this because it's the automotive business (and FCA). I did think they'd bring in all the parts they needed to build these things all at once or in a short time production time frame. Obviously they didn't. And I'm glad about that as I didn't want a LE because I figured they'd all be early builds and I wasn't considering buying one because of that and I just assumed I'd missed out.

jctnt1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE granite crystal, 2019 GC trail hawk, 2016 Ram 2500 6.4, 2008 Liberty, 2005 TJU
Vehicle Showcase
My LJ was ok to allow wifypoo’s JT to park next to it.

9CAEF688-BC5C-4F41-AF70-DB770DEF1518.jpeg
Sponsored